GL1800Riders Forums banner

Need advice on Kuryakyn led strips

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Paul H 
#1 ·
Has anyone purchased the Color Matched trunk and/or saddle bag led light bars? I have an Illusion blue paint job and was wondering what this set up looks like. Please post some pix if ant body has them. Kury's web site says that they're a perfect match with a carbon fiber weave. their color palette doesn't seem to do anything for me. I want to look and see before I plunk my money down. TIA

#2 ·
Kuryakin color-matched LEDs

Slim,
We bought the saddle bag and trunk strips at Homecoming in July, and they look terrific on our Pearl Yellow. I hate to say that, because ours is the only one I've seen so far with them, and I like it that way, but as long as yours is blue (my second favorite color), I guess I can tell you. Let's keep it our little secret! :D Rich installed them in the parking lot of our motel the evening we bought them.
I wish Kuryakin would make these for the grill-cover thingies on the fairing. I think that would look really sharp. We really don't care much for chrome on the gl1800s. Last bike was a gl1100, LOTS of chrome: half-hour riding=4 hours polishing. We'd rather ride than shine chrome. Love that Tupperware!
Don't know how to post a pic, or I'd send you one.
Becky

#3 ·
Slim,

My buddy Greg got these moldings from Rode Trip Essentials. His bike is IB and the moldings are the Kury moldings painted IB so they look the same as the bike. I like them much better than the Kury fiber crap. The are expensive but they look really good.

#4 ·
SL 1800: I hate you! I saw this post with the pictures and I lost it and bought the color matched trunk and saddle bag lights. Set me back close to $600 big ones. Please don't post those kinds of photos again. My wallet can't take the beating. But they sure are pretty :)

#6 ·
Kuryakyn LEDs

Oops my bad :oops: ...I thought you meant the carbon fiber ones, which are what we bought (otherwise known, apparently, "as carbon-fiber crap"). It was the middle of the night, and I guess I didn't read carefully enough.

We were very unsure about putting these on the bike, and if the plain yellow had been available, that's probably what we would have gotten. I'm sure glad now that we couldn't find the yellow ones, because the carbon fiber looks wonderful on our bike. There was a yellow bike next to the booth where we bought them, and we held them up to the bags and trunk and talked about it a long time before we bit the bullet.

Wish I knew how to get a picture in so you could see them. Isn't it great that we all are such individuals...otherwise we wouldn't be able to tell our bikes apart at rallies!
Becky
Michigan[/img]

#7 ·
Gladiator

I'm sorry I cost you money but please blame Greg, it's his bike, or better yet blame his wife she got him those for Christmas. I too have had a hard time every since I saw those pics but beleive me if you see them in person there will be no holding back.

#9 ·
If anyone has a picture (or better yet...Pictures) of the yellow carbon fiber LED lit mouldings I would really like to see them. I can't make myself put out that kind of money without seeing what I'm getting into first.

TIA

Paul H.

#11 ·
Thanks Al,

Those are some good looking pictures. I kind of hoped it would be just a little more yellow and a little less carbon-fiber but that does look good.

Thanks again!
Paul H.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.