GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Bushtec vertical hitch on the way. I will be borrowing a friends Bushtec cargo trailer to carry luggage on a trip this summer and again in the fall. I would like some input on the best wiring solution for this setup. I have not purchased a wiring harness yet. It seems I remember some comments earlier about relays, or fuses in line in these harnesses. Any comments from experienced trailer towers would be appreciated.
Waiting

·
Registered
877 Posts
Apparently, you didn't buy the deluxe hitch from Bushtec. That would have included the wiring isolator you would need. In addition you would have to purchase the pigtail (I think another $20+/_) to complete the connection to the trailer.
http://www.bushtec.com/relay.html

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

I purchased the hitch out of the classifieds. Got a great deal on it. I dont know if the wiring will come with it. I just vaguely remember someone commenting on the wiring Isolator. Since Ive never hooked up a wiring harness on the wing I did not know what the isolator did. thanks for the reference page. I will make sure I buy one for the install.

·
Registered
877 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts