GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The seat on My Gold Wing is not comfortable at all need info. on best seat. Anyone used a saddleman or kuryk. touring seat?
Thanks Harold

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
The seat on My Gold Wing is not comfortable at all need info. on best seat. Anyone used a saddleman or kuryk. touring seat?
Thanks Harold
If you're going to bite the bullet and spend the $$$, the Ultimate seat is fabulous..

Cheaper is the Wingsoft mod to the stock seat.. I've heard a lot of good things about it..

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
I had the Wingsoft mod done and really liked it, however it got uncomfortable for both the wife and I and we ended up getting a Tom Simmons (www.tscustomseats.com) rework of the seat. It's very comfortable, but just as expensive as the Ultimate's etc. I sat on all of them at Wing Ding last year and the Ultimate is very comfortable. I have a personal conflict with the owner of Hartco seats and will not consider one. The seat felt fine not saying anything bad about the seat other than they don't offer a heated option. Wife and I are neither light weights so that might be what the problem with the Wingsoft was. If it came down to it I would consider a Wingsoft again. John is very good to work with.

·
Registered
10,849 Posts
I recommend a thorough search of this forum. Lots has been written and shared. Some have success with off the shelf saddles and various types and brands of pads. Others spend lots of money on them before eventually having a pro custom fit a saddle for them. My advice is to not take the chance as I have done and go immediately to Russell Day Long or Rick Mayer Saddles. It might save you money and will get you a comfortable saddle. That said, if your rides are limited mostly to 300 or 400 mile days with no more than a couple or three of them back to back and only a few such trips a year, you can probably find what you need off someone's shelf either in the form of a pad or a stock saddle.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Harold
I haven’t done the wing yet but my Russell seat took my Triumph Rocket from a butt buster to a 500 mile a day bike, truly amazing.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Need a seat

I had the Wingsoft mod done and really liked it, however it got uncomfortable for both the wife and I and we ended up getting a Tom Simmons (www.tscustomseats.com) rework of the seat. It's very comfortable, but just as expensive as the Ultimate's etc. I sat on all of them at Wing Ding last year and the Ultimate is very comfortable. I have a personal conflict with the owner of Hartco seats and will not consider one. The seat felt fine not saying anything bad about the seat other than they don't offer a heated option. Wife and I are neither light weights so that might be what the problem with the Wingsoft was. If it came down to it I would consider a Wingsoft again. John is very good to work with.

This is exactly the route we took. Did the Wingsoft and John is great but we could never get it quite right. Went with Tom Simmons and when I bought a new bike the first thing swapped out was the seat...I will not give up my Tom Simmons seat.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Ultimate enough said ! Did the wing soft dont waste you money. The kury is made by mustang so should be good.

·
Registered
77 Posts
saddleman

We have a Saddleman Sofa Seat and we find it very good. I rode to Surgis 2007 no problem. we rode to TN last year and agin, no problem. Usually I get stove up after a 150 miles but not with this seat.
:thumbup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts