GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a bright set of amber bulbs for my front turn signal/marker lights.
I've tried LEDs, orange colored bulbe and the chrome looking ones and they are all dimmer than my liking in the smoke lenses.

Anyone have a part number and source that they know are at least as bright as the stock set up?

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
I am looking for a bright set of amber bulbs for my front turn signal/marker lights.
I've tried LEDs, orange colored bulbe and the chrome looking ones and they are all dimmer than my liking in the smoke lenses.

Anyone have a part number and source that they know are at least as bright as the stock set up?

You are correct in your findings.. I went the same way....I suggest you use stock on the front.... they are the brightest....... If you went clear like I did.. you might think about going back to amber lens... The weak turn signals almost got me killed..... Cheers.....

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
I run the smoke lens and Amber bulbs.They seem fine to me.:shrug:

Then again.you should already know that using turn signals in Comifornia is a sign of weakness.

·
Banned
7,603 Posts
Front park/turn signal lamps can be either amber or clear(white) in color.
Since you are now illegal w/the smoked lens and you obviously are suffering from the dimmer light out put-you might try clear bulbs to increase the output.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Then again.you should already know that using turn signals in Comifornia is a sign of weakness.

Yup, but I really want 'em to see when I fake right and go left.
You know ........ DWO! ;)

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
Front park/turn signal lamps can be either amber or clear(white) in color.
Since you are now illegal w/the smoked lens and you obviously are suffering from the dimmer light out put-you might try clear bulbs to increase the output.
You're wrong!
have you "Personally" tried these with good eye sight?
I tested each while still on the bike (one color each side) to see which was/is easier to see in the daylight!

The smoke lens are brighter in the day light than the amber lens they replaced because of the contrast of the amber bulb and smoked lens.The amber bulbs were harder to distinguish between the amber lens and flash behind them when the bulb when turned on.

I tried them with the clear bulbs and they were more opaque than Amber,So I went with the brighter Amber bulbs.

And at night they stand out even more.but then so do the amber stock lens as would be expected.

BTW:
Show me proof instead of guessing where the Smoke lens are illegal??

·
15 year Member
6,904 Posts
Yup, but I really want 'em to see when I fake right and go left.
You know ........ DWO! ;)
I used to live in Commiefornia..... DWO Indeed!!

LOL

Matt(BCNV) :doorag:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts