GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Headed to Asheville NC tomorrow, looking for a cheap hotel within 30-40 miles, if not in town, then preferrably on the west side. Anybody got any favorites?

Last time I was there everything was $100, I just need a place to sleep.

Thanks

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
There is a motel six at one of the interstate exits, I forget which one exactly, I can ride to it, but forget the name of the road.

That will be less than 60 bucks I think.

Look up motel six on the computer, Asheville and it will show you the address.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Headed to Asheville NC tomorrow, looking for a cheap hotel within 30-40 miles, if not in town, then preferrably on the west side. Anybody got any favorites?

Last time I was there everything was $100, I just need a place to sleep.

Thanks
Try Maggie Valley's, Stoney creek Motel. Nice rooms and reasoneable. Think you about 50 miles for asheville though We stay there every year. Family owned, they'll even give you towels for the bike if you need them

Larry and Mand Hartline own it and they are great

1-800 926 1196 is there number

Kevin

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I agree on the Maggie Valley area. There are plenty of mom and pop motels in that area that are reasonably priced. I stay there every year.

·
Registered
442 Posts
If you want Asheville specifically, Motel 6 on Tunnel Rd., Exit 55 on I-40 is where we stay and mentioned above; but on east side. Right off freeway, Waffle House across the street, BP, 7-11 type station with gas at the exit driveway, and a variety of other restaurants within walking distance, west side. Blue Ridge access just down the road a ways.

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Down I-26 a bit in Hendersonville..., Red Roof. It's fairly new, very clean, and well maintained, and a nice couple running it. Right next door to Schroeders Honda (quite a few folks here bought their Wing at Schroeders), across the street from Outback Steakhouse, and two minutes further down the road to Direct Line Parts (or sponser and host here on GL1800Riders). A few minutes from jumping on the Blue Ridge and 40 minutes from the Pisgah Inn for breakfast.

I stayed there last week and I'd definitely go back the next time I'm in the area. With AAA or Senior discount, I think the room was about $55.

http://redroof.com/reservations/property-detail.aspx?pid=00620

1 - 6 of 6 Posts