GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I are of the "vertically challenged" class of people. (Well, OK. We wouldn't be overweight if we were 7 feet tall.) I have been looking for jackets and pants for touring in summer. Is there ANY brand out there that makes stuff in a "petite" size so that it's not so long in pants length or sleeve length when trying to fit the "around" part?? We've been wearing leather jackets and jeans in the past, but would like to get something a little safer, if possible. If not, I guess we'll continue wearing what we've been wearing.
Thanks for any advice or info.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Gene,

For summer wear, Joe Rocket makes some pretty decent mesh jackets that will fit us rotund guys fairly nicely. As far as pants go, I have not been able to find anything yet. Usually alterations are not even a possibility on everything that I have looked at.

I have 24 1/2" between me and ouch for an inseam. So, I just do the best that i can do and ride.

Bulldog

·
Registered
188 Posts
Gene, we also are challenged at this house lol sometimes more than others (thanksgiving..xmas..you get the idea) anyways last year at americade we bought NEXGEN jackets..they were full jackets with zipout liners... :lol: i have tried on a joe rocket mesh soat and am going to buy one when the dealer gets his summer supply in..it actually fit around the largest part :shock: and i like the armor in it also..

·
Registered
823 Posts
I bought a Honda mesh jacket which is the same as the First Gear jacket. I tried the Joe Rocket but found them to run slim and long.

·
Registered
21,052 Posts
does the Honda mesh jacket come with a removeable waterproof insulated linner?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts