GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok the angle sensor that goes to the steering stem . I am pretty sure it is gone bad . I have taken it out and put on another bike and his signals do not work. I have grounded out the pink wire in the sensor and i get nothing. I can ground out the blue/black wire and the signals will work. Can i just ground the blue/black wire and manual cancel the signals?? This part is on back order from honda and have not found one in the salvage yards

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,536 Posts
Ace2002, I don't know if you got my last PM, but yes you can just ground that wire when you want them to flash. I would push the turn signal switch in the direction you are going first, then ground the wire with another switch. Pushing the turn signal switch to the left or right first will set up the rest of the circuit to work right when it gets the ground. You will have to un-ground the wire when you want it to stop flashing, pushing in on the turn signal switch will get you a strange lighting situation because of the way that switch works with the position lights.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No i did not get your reply.. But i have done what we talked about and the only thing i see i am missing is the auto cancle.. I can push the switch left and left blinks.. Can push right and right blinks.. I just have to manualy put the switch in the middle to stop the blinkers.. Thanks for the help as soon as honda or a salvage yard gets one i will fix it right.

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,536 Posts
So, did you put a switch on the ground to the blue/green wire? Or did you just hard short it to ground all the time?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I USED THE BLUE /BLACK WIRE.Just hard shorted to ground all is working great ;) Do I need to put a switch on that wire ?

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,536 Posts
I would, just because you are turning the flasher on and running it all the time and will probably shorten it's life.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just thought i would let you know got the replacement part for the signals all is good tonight it works thanks again

1 - 10 of 10 Posts