GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been a while since we've been to Fort Worth, TX. I have a two day meeting at Lockheed next week, so am taking the opportunity to ride down there with the Nagigator riding behind me. We plan on leaving Ohio on Sunday and pulling in on Monday (25 Sep).

Does any one know if The Railhead BBQ place on Montgomery St. still open? Also, is the Honda dealer close to the Green Oaks still in business. They used to have a large selection of Gold Wing accessories, so am hoping they are still there.

Thanks for any info any one can provide,

·
Registered
430 Posts
Ft Worth

Ron, I believe that branch of the Railhead is open. If not the Grapevine location is open.

Honda West on Alta Mere Dr. is open also.

If you have the time you would be doing yourself a favor to ride down to Stephenville, 80 miles, and have some killer BBQ at the Hard 8. This is some of the best BBQ in the state and the ride is nice.

Let me know if I can help

Don Saenz
Sanger, TX

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys for the updated intel. This is a business trip where I can satisfy my riding lust, my craving for BBQ, and also ogle some Honda parts all at the same time. In addition, the SO can visit with one of her brothers (he lives in Arlington). All in all, a much better way to travel than taking a human mailing tube (an RJ or such).

Sorry, but don't think we'll have time to make a 80 mile side-trip this time. But I'll keep it in mind for any future trips to Texas.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
DFW Honda in grapevine has a pretty long wall of parts as well.. on 121..

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hey Crow-Wing, you might want to try Joe T. Garcia's place in north Ft. Worth. One of the top 10 places to eat in the entire Dallas/Ft. Worth metroplex. If you like Mexican food, I guarantee you'll like it. Just ask anyone how to find the place when you get there, everyone knows. Take care. George

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, Texan, for the info. Since this was a "business" trip, there wasn't much time for us to sight see or try restraunts too far from our hotel. We used to live in Fort Worth, and one of my wifes brother lives in Arlington. So the first night was spent visiting with him and going to the Railhead Smokehouse (a big disappointment from 7 years ago). That was Monday night.
On Tuesday night we went by Honda West, then on to the great "Peanut Patty" hunt to satisfy my wifes craving for her Texan childhood. For dinner we went to "Dos ******'s" on University near 7th. This was close to where we lived when we first moved to Fort Worth. It was nice to see the changes in the old neighborhood.
We had to start back to Ohio after my meeting ended at noon on Wednesday. Of course, not before having a Whataburger for lunch to complete my wife's Texas citizenship renewal.
All in all, a good trip. Put over 2200 miles on the Crow-Wing. We got cold, got warm, and got wet - a great trip!

·
Registered
824 Posts
Crow-Wing,
You did well missing Joe T's. The reason that it is rated so high is due to the facility itself, not the food.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts