GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I HAVE A 2002 WING NEVER HAD A CB OR HEAD SET BEFORE. DON'T KNOW IF I SHOULD GET RIDER CONTROLS OR JUST PASSENGER PTT SWITCH, SINGLE ANTENNA FROM SIERRA OR DUAL, I HAVE A NOLAN FLIP FRONT HELMET, AND WHICH HEAD SET IS BEST. :?:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Headsets

Do you already have the CB installed? If so, you should already have a CB antenna.

I'm not sure if there's even a passenger PTT switch available at this point. The rider controls are already integrated into the left handlebar pod complete with a PTT switch, etc.

So far as headsets go, I use J&M but Air Rider and others make them as well. Most are compatible with the 5-pin Honda system.

If you listen to a lot of music, you'd probably be happier with one of the higher end sets as the fidelity is normally better.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I bought the Chatterbox headset -- works fine, but the boom for the mic did get a little "limp" after a while. I also got the Seirra antenna and really like it. Goes well with the black bike and performance seems to be just fine, on both the CB and the AM/FM radio.

·
Registered
227 Posts
OWO

The CB antenna installation is kind of your option. Most of the bikes I see have two antenna's installed for balance tho I have seen some that only have one and in most cases it is the J & M.

As for head sets there, again, are a lot of options. J & M makes good equipment and their support is top of the line. Their headsets are the top of the line when it comes to dollars but not all agree the are the best. I have two sets and in one helmet I switched out the speakers for a better quality sound. There have been a lot of good comments on the "Ed Sets" for their sound quality. Which ever you select make sure you get them as close to the ears as possible and make sure they are centered over the ear.

OWO & UH: Yes there are several PTT's out there. I highly recommend you get "Mic-Mutes"/ with the PTT. It is a very easy install and I put the passenger PTT under the right passenger glove box so she can use while her arm is on the armrest. "Mic-Mutes" allow you, with a tap on either switch, to cut out all external noise coming through the mic's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts