GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While installing my Helibar risers, I dropped the first **** screw I pulled out.
I was being careful, I thought. I tried for a half hour or so to try and find it with
a magnet, but no dice.

Can someone help me with a part number, so that I can order one?

It's one of the 5mm allen screws that secure the center dash panel.

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Vendor
17,787 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Look down above the head with a flashlight on the side you dropped it on. Look in from both the side and from the front of the bike behind the front wheel.
I tried. Couldn't find it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Man I always stuff a rag around there cause I KNOW I am gonna drop something.
You can best believe that's what I did for the rest of the assembly. :)

Reactions: GoldWingrGreg

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Simply turn the bike upside down and shake it briefly, the screw will fall out as simple as that.
Why didn't I think of that?? Great idea. :grin2:

·
Vendor
17,787 Posts
That's the one. I guess they come in a package of 6.
Now I'll have extras!!
Actually, Honda uses 6 somewhere in that parts fishe. You can order them individually, having extras is a good Idea. A shop like this probably have 12 in stock.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Aloha,

A ride to Area 51 is your only hope.
It will dislodge from the depths of the unknown and levitate out floating before your eyes.
While you're there, if you find the 50 or so screws, nuts and bolts that I have lost down in the same *%$#*& hole, LMK.
There might even be a few socks down there none of which matches. LOL!

Reactions: BeerFriendly

·
Registered
13 Posts
Simply turn the bike upside down and shake it briefly, the screw will fall out as simple as that.
Did that to mine and you wouldn't believe the number of Japanese coins that fell out. Anyone know how much 14 yen is worth in $$. Hopefully enough to buy the dam screw I never found :grin2:

·
Registered
16,973 Posts
You will find it one of these days when you have to pull the engine for some more involved repair.

prs

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Somewhere there is an alternate universe where every object that has ever been dropped into the the Black Hole of a Goldwing goes.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts