GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm doing my winter service work on the bike and after draining the coolant and finding the "crush washer" somewhat deformed, I went to our local Honda dealer to get another, but they can't find it on their computer or match it looking at it! Their mechanic says "we don't even work on those here"! They have 4 goldwings on their showroom floor but won't work on 'em:wrong:, not that I'd ever let 'em work on mine! Anyway, does anyone have the part # for the coolant drain plug washer? They say if I can find a part #, they may have it!

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
they are the same on the VTX if they do not have them just go to Honda Direct line and order some, lightley hammer yours flat again and it will function for a long time until you can get a new one.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
I'm doing my winter service work on the bike and after draining the coolant and finding the "crush washer" somewhat deformed, I went to our local Honda dealer to get another, but they can't find it on their computer or match it looking at it! Their mechanic says "we don't even work on those here"! They have 4 goldwings on their showroom floor but won't work on 'em:wrong:, not that I'd ever let 'em work on mine! Anyway, does anyone have the part # for the coolant drain plug washer? They say if I can find a part #, they may have it!
What year is your Bike, I have the parts catalog for 04-06 and can try to find you the p/n when I get home tonight.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like it might be Washer, Sealing (6.5mm) 90463-ML7-000.
Ron Fuller
Thanks a heap, knew I could count on someone from here. Back to the Honda store, I'd order from HDL, but I'm wanting to start puttin' her back together today if I can. 13 degrees outside right now, sure glad my mom's got a heated garage!

·
Registered
16,491 Posts
The Honda parts micro-fich are available for all to see on Hal's parts site.

prs

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, Ron Fuller posted the right part # yesterday. I've got to learn how to use a computer better so I can quit bothering everybody.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts