GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are on our way to AK and having trouble with the rear brakes locking up. Fred and I think it is related to the brake recall. What is the best dealer in the Salt Lake area to take it to? Is there one open on Monday? Please text info. to 254-541-0212 or email to:[email protected],thanks

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Dont know anything about the dealerships there but there are 3 or 4 Honda dealers in that area. Plaza open monday. Not sure about others. Did you have the recall done when notice came out?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I just had the same problem, took it to Honda world off of 106th. Problem is, they don't open until Tuesdsy! Ask for Steve; the device manager, and tell them seems like same problem Scott had. They took very good care of everything, at no charge!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
We are on our way to AK and having trouble with the rear brakes locking up. Fred and I think it is related to the brake recall. What is the best dealer in the Salt Lake area to take it to? Is there one open on Monday? Please text info. to 254-541-0212 or email to:[email protected],thanks
Had same problem with my 09 and it turned out to be my rear brake master cylinder. Can also be trash in the bango bolt on top of rear master cylinder or same steel line going back to rear brake.
I got stuck on the road and had to crack rear bleeder to release pressure and used front brake to get to dealer.

·
Vendor
21,886 Posts
You may already have this, but just in case you don't, here is the list of dealers in Utah/Salt Lake area. Looks like several are open on Monday.

Cache Honda
3765 N Highway 91
Hyde Park, UT 84318-4102 (435)563-6291
Internet Manager: Mark Perkes
Click here to view website Hours:

• Sales
    • Mon-Fri 9:00AM-6:00PM
    • Sat 9:00AM-5:00PM
    • Sun Closed

Newgate Motorsports
3745 S 250 W
Ogden, UT 84405-1501 (801)394-3403
Internet Manager: Kevin Blair

• Sales
    • Mon-Fri 9:00AM-6:00PM
    • Sun Closed

Honda of Salt Lake
2354 S State St
Salt Lake City, UT 84115-2755 (801)486-5401
Internet Manager: Tarik Alnaqeeb
Hours:

• Sales
    • Mon Closed
    • Tue-Fri 9:00AM-6:00PM
    • Sun Closed

Plaza Cycle
1379 W 3300 S
West Valley, UT 84119-3344 (801)972-8725
Internet Manager: Dean Feltenbarger

• Sales
    • Mon-Sat 9:00AM-6:00PM
    • Sun Closed

Honda Div of Courtesy Sales

444 N Washington St
Afton, WY 83110-9780 (866)428-8263
Internet Manager: Dustin Hill

• Sales
    • Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:30PM
    • Sat 9:00AM-1:00PM
    • Sun Closed

·
Vendor
21,886 Posts
I just had the same problem, took it to Honda world off of 106th. Problem is, they don't open until Tuesdsy! Ask for Steve; the device manager, and tell them seems like same problem Scott had. They took very good care of everything, at no charge!

I believe this is the link to the Honda World dealer that he is refering to:

http://www.hondaworldslc.com/

Honda World
10764 S 300 W I -15 Sandy Exit 10600 So.
Salt Lake City, UT 84095
Phone: 801.572.9800
Fax: 801.572.9839

Looks like they aren't open on Monday though.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I text you Pooch and Fun42 ' s contact info, they are the GL Guru's in this neck of them woods.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just checking in to make sure you made it this far okay? If you need to stay over for repairs, your more than welcome to stay with us in Park City, if need be.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
brake recall

We made it to the Salt Lake area and took it to a dealer that was open. They said the master cylinder was replaced when we took it to a dealer 2 yeas ago. Well it needs another one, that they did not have.So we are going to take it to Honda World tomorrow, hope they have the parts. Thanks for the help,

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Keep us posted on what's happening with it.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
brake recall

Forgot to thank WEGOTTAGW for the help and invite. Some more info. when we would stop for gas or rest then start going again the rear brakes would sometimes lock up, I would ck before getting into traffic, stop and bleed pressure off rear caliper then would be ok until another stop. It also locked up when we were leaving the Honda dealer. Hope I can get it to the dealer tomorrow.

·
Registered
20,951 Posts
Hopefully you were able to call ahead to find out if they had the parts in stock, so many Honda dealers being closed on Mondays sure leads to a lot of extra trouble sometimes

·
Registered
874 Posts
Has the secondary master cylinder push rod length been ruled out? The rod length is adjustable and if it is too long, the rear brake will drag. A Google search like the following will show some history on this issue:

site:gl1800riders.com/forums secondary master cylinder link OR rod length
Ron

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
I seem to recall another post on here from someone who had the secondary master cylinder replaced under the recall only to fail later on.
That was us about a month ago when I was taking the ERC class. Barely made it to dealer. They replaced it again, no charge, and good to go. Next day after pickup was on Tucson trip. Not a hint of a problem anymore.

·
Premium Member
5,635 Posts
Is this a failure the rear master cylinder or the secondary master cylinder?

Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
I just got a text from him and he got it fixed at Honda World and they are in Boise, Idaho.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts