GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, everyone. My name is eric. I live on camano island in washington state. I bought my first goldwing new and have put about 2500 miles on it. Discovered a nail in the rear tire this week and have been researching putting a car tire on. Looking at either the kuhmo or Michelin wintersport. Anyone in the area have the equipment to mount this tire or know of a shop that will do it locally. Thanks and looking forward to joining the darkside.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Just get your new tire and wheel (off the bike), take to a Walmart or tire shop for mounting. Don't tell them it's on a motorcycle....if ask, say it's a trailer :). Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Looks like you have a nearby Walmart, that has a tire center... They supposidly (other Walmarts that is) will mount a CT on your rim for only $5

Walmart Supercenter

2301 Freeway Dr, Mount Vernon, WA (360) 428-7000

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Others here have had tires mounted at Walmart. I don't know if they took just a rim in or if Walmart will take a motorcycle tire off and mount a car tire on the rim.

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
Walmart took a MT off of one of my rims. I told them I bought the wheel for a custom trailer. I am sure it will vary from store to store.

·
Banned
939 Posts
Walmart took a MT off of one of my rims. I told them I bought the wheel for a custom trailer. I am sure it will vary from store to store.
And if that does not work tell them you pay with cash and don’t need no receipt because you live on the Darkside.

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
Walmart mounted my last one recently! I took the wheel w/car tire already mounted and a replacement tire, they mounted for $5.00. No questions asked, "Happy Camper" here......

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
And if that does not work tell them you pay with cash and don’t need no receipt because you live on the Darkside.
These aren't the droids you're looking for.........

Just mount the tire and send me on my way........ :p

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a MT changer & it sure as hell wasn't get the dang CT on the rim.
Gave up & watched the tire tard rip off the tpms 5 sec into it, after I had told him about it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the replies everyone. Will have to try walmart or maybe discount tire. I was also looking at maybe buying a tire changer for the future.

·
Registered
9,542 Posts
Discount Tire will normally do it; my Wal*Mart stores here I've not had luck with them mounting a tire.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discount Tire will normally do it; my Wal*Mart stores here I've not had luck with them mounting a tire.

My local Discount Tire (who I bought the tire from) would not mount it for me. Local MC shop did mount it for $25 and I had a to sign some waivers.

If Walmart does it for $5, I'll try them next time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts