GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my problem. I installed new brake pads and speed bleeders. Now I can not get and pressure to build up on the hand lever, I pull and it goes all the way to the bar. If I have air in the lines, how do I get it out? I have pulled and pulled and pulled, nothing.

To make this a darkside subject too, my new C/T sure looked good while I was under my wing working on rear brakes.:thumbup:

·
DSI Keeper
9,159 Posts
You will need to bleed the brake at the banjo bolt right behind the master cylinder. Use copious amounts of paint and plastic protection to avoid fluid from touching anything on the bike. Keep soapy water handy to wipe off any mess as soon as you are able to build any kind of pressure and are able to seal the banjo bolt.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Murgie, you have a PM.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I need more fluid!:oops:

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I do have some pressure now and it feels firm, but I don't get it until the lever gets fairly close to bar.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I do have some pressure now and it feels firm, but I don't get it until the lever gets fairly close to bar.
Spongy means air. Firm but extra travel could be your caliper o rings sticking to the pistons and pulling them back when you release the lever. Clean and try to turn the pistons to break them free from the o rings. Also check anything else that may be pulling the pads away from the rotor.
John

1 - 8 of 8 Posts