GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Goodmorning all on a start of a new week. Started the installation of Kury Passenager arm rest and after carefully reading instructions started the install of the right armrest bracket inside the passenager compartment. As far back and to the outside of the bike, drilled hole and installed, but, after installing armrest the small bracket threads are two short to go through the bracket to get a nut on. Any recommendation, did I miss something in the bracket install ? Maybe I need to forget the small U bracket and just buy some longer bolts and nuts. Any one else have this problem

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
I'm afraid that I can't help, but perhaps can offer some moral support.
When I bought my 06 in June, the dealer ordered and installed the
Kury arm rests. The dealer couldn't deliver the bike on the day
promised because they were having trouble with the arm rests!! They
are on now. They look great and my wife loves them. Good luck.
A call to Kury might help also. Blessings.

·
Registered
751 Posts
armrest

I just installed mine last night and I had the same problem on my '06. I set the bracket against the back of the compartment and move it as far as I could to the outside per the instructions. I still had a pretty big gap. I preloaded the bracket to make the gap a little smaller after drilling the (2) 1/4" holes through the side I then drilled the hole slightly larger then the 17/64. this made it easier for the studs to go through the hole. after tightening the 2 bolt, they pretty much took the gap out and formed to the wall............I hope this made sense....
Kuryakin could do a better job in the fabrication of this bracket.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kury Passenager armrest

Thanks all for your replys, I finally gave up on the Kury U stud bracket and went over to my Harley Dealer and purchased some Hex chrome hardware approximately 1/2 inch longer than the kury studs. Finished installation with no problems and matter of fact I think it looks better than the Kury U stud bracket. Cannot beat the Harley chromed parts

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Santa is delivering to the SO the Kuryakyn armrest. Are there any other things I should look out for when installing them? I'll probably get to install them CHRISTmas day. :xmas1:

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
I found my U bolts to be to long when I installed mine on my 04..I marked them off and cut them back so someones hand wouldn't get scratched by them..

I put the armrest on the trunk first,then drilled the two holes for each u bolt after the armrest were mounted,then slipped the pouch bracket in place,Then I snugged up the u bolts a bit ,then drilled the rear to trunk bolt hole.

I can't see what would be different in the 06 hard pockets??
apparently their is though.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rocky
When did you drill the holes in the bracket to mount to the Kury U-bracket?, Kind of curious since the bracket has a funny bend to mark the spot to drill hole in trunk to hold the bracket.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts