GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[h=2]
Need a little help[/h]
There are two of us that are planning on touring the east coast and the Maritime Provinces in Canada in 2016. I know we are a bit early but for three weeks we want to take in as much as possible. logistics for this type of trip dictates that we should start the planning now. Due to time constraints we are shipping the bikes and trailers out east. We wanted to start in a big city as we are flying out there and then riding. Booking air flights further east were becoming a nightmare so we decided to use Detroit as our jump off. I have narrowed down the search for shipping the bikes and trailers out to 2 carriers. Both offer door to door service and that is where i am hoping someone in Detroit can step up to the plate. We need a place that can store two wings and their trailers for a few days. The shipping company will only confirm that it will take 7 to 10 days to get there. Trying to match flights to when we know the bikes are there is next to impossible. So what i am hoping to do is that we will ship the bikes in mid to late august, wait 10 days and then fly to Detroit. That leaves a gap of possibly 3 to 4 days that the bikes need to be stored. (I hope and if everything goes according to plan!!) We plan to stay in Detroit for a day to get acclimatized due to the time difference. So anything interesting to see for a day?

Is there anyone that can store the bikes for a few days in August?
Is there a dealer there that we can contact or anyone that will store them?

As i said this will be late August 2016.
Any help will be appreciated
Asl​

·
Registered
994 Posts
Hmmmmmm!I think I'd be bypassing Detroit.Things are not real good there these days.JMHO.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Fly into Columbus Ohio... I'm 30 miles east and would have room for the pair for a few days...

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. i will bring this up at the next meeting.

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
It's a long way out (2016), but, as long as I'm still living here, I could make room for a few days if that's what you need. I'm 50 miles north of the airport (20 north of Detroit, Rochester Hills, MI) and could even pick you up and get you situated in a nearby hotel when you get here.

As far as something to do, well, what else, we could go for a ride and make sure your bikes and trailers got here ok.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Motorcycle Storage

I live North of Detriot in Orion Township and would have room to store a couple of bike for you.

I actually am closer to Flint Mi. then Metro Airport. So flying into Flint Bishop would also be an option for your arrival.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts