GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is this piece of metal and where does it go? Trying to figure out why the lower portion of my Windbender will not function properly. It is hard to go and down. This piece of L shaped metal fell out of the locking mechanism (I think) and I dont know how to put it back. Could someone please give me some help and explain how it goes and how to put it back? See attached pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, thanks TravelinLite, right after I posted, I did a search and found that link. I should have done the search first, but the bike was torn down at a friends garage and we were in a rush to get it back together. The funny looking piece is back in its rightful place and I am home now relaxing after having to ride around a huge tree that blown down all the way across the road during a storm that just beat me here. I did get drenched and it got cold on the ride home. I had to stop and break some of the top limbs off the tree and then get off the road to make it around it.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I just picked up my wing from the shop for the same problem. My piece fell out and I could not find it. It seems Honda is aware of this failure item and now sells a improved replacement. Mine was repaired under the extended warranty.

Joe in Modesto

·
Vendor
17,376 Posts
I just picked up my wing from the shop for the same problem. My piece fell out and I could not find it. It seems Honda is aware of this failure item and now sells a improved replacement. Mine was repaired under the extended warranty.

Joe in Modesto
There is an updated part. Joe, help out here and look on your receipt for a part number. I beleieve it is #31, but 30 shows a part with an updated number.

http://www.hdlparts.com/fiche_section_detail.asp?section=526660&category=Motorcycles&make=Honda&year=2006&fveh=12118

1 - 5 of 5 Posts