GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to paint a few really small items on an 1800 Pearl Yellow. They are so small the paint wouldn't have to match perfectly but I want it as close as possible. What is my best option? Also, I notice the 1800 on the Valve covers of some are painted. Does this require a special paint because of the heat. Thanks for tolerating my stupid questions,Danny [email protected]

·
Registered
33 Posts
I went to an O'reilly auto parts store and they brought out their color gun and scanned my paint. (2006 Titanium) They then mixed paint to match and put it in a spray can. Cost $15.00. Match was perfect. Try this, it worked for me. I painted the dash and the front cowl to match. Looks good. Good luck.

·
Registered
761 Posts
firefighterc1 said:
I Also, I notice the 1800 on the Valve covers of some are painted. Does this require a special paint because of the heat.
I just went to Wal-Mart and got a small bottle of the Testors model paint. Took the covers off and dabbed the paint in the 1800 with a tooth pick. That has been 6 months and not a problem. I don't think the valve covers get that hot. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts