GL1800Riders Forums banner

NEED HELP with DYNA BEADS

855 views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Jchefboyardee 
#1 ·
I have an 05 wing, I just powdercoated the wheels, put a new rear tire and reinstalled front(still has miles left).
I had the mechanic put 3 oz. of beads in rear and 2oz. in front. Re installed wheels and NOW have developed a BAD wobble in front end.
Added another 1oz. in front and some of the wobble still remains but not as bad as b4. Do I need to keep adding until it goes away, their tech guy has not returned my call. Anyone else had this issue?? Thanks Marty:confused:

#2 ·
If the wobble is at around 35 to 45 mph then it is not out of balance. I would bet that the rear tire you mounted is causing the wobble, if you didn't have it before mounting it. Rear tires are known to be the culprit for the wobble on these bikes.

#3 ·
Either one of the tires could be the problem. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the beads or being out of balance.

Swap tires and wheels with a buddy and his bike and you'll find out quick.

#5 ·
The main company for Dyna Beads recommends two ounces of beads per motorcycle tire.

I can fairly say it is not the beads. But too many might effect the overall balance.

Something going on with the tires I would think.

Kit

And I suppose it could be the beads. If too many are in the tire, then there would be too much weight slinging around and just might cause an out of balance situation.

G
#6 ·
Do I need to keep adding until it goes away
Negative , two oz's front and back , some very rare occasions for those with internal tire sensors like Tire Smart , you may need to run an extra oz . I would look elsewhere for the problem , like an improperly set bead or a problem with the tires themselves .
Put you bike on the center stand and spin the wheels holding a pencil or something real close to the wheel and see if the rim is straight , then do the same for the sidewall of the tires .

#8 ·
When you "remounted" the front tire, did you put the light side of the tire next to the valve stem. I don't think this is your problem but it may add to it...Like has already been said, your rear tire is the likely cause! It's probably not the beads unless there was a lot of lubricating goop intruduced into the tires when mounting!

#11 ·
Thanks for all the different answers. Yes I had the old front tire remounted but not sure if in the same spot, I think I will buy a new front tire, they are E3's.
I was very instructive as how to mount with very little lube, mechanic said he used very very little and assured me none got inside.
I didnt think about the rear tire being the problem, I dont feel any problem in my tailsection, but i will try the centerstand trick.
The front tire is perfectly mounted in a way that there is no hi and low spots from mounting. Thanks for your help. :thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.