GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are in Tok and my buddies Escapade's air system has sprung a leak. It is leaking at the shock on the left side. It appears that it might be the O-ring in the connector, but the shock also appears to be leaking. I don't think that they are related, but I'm not familiar enough with the system. I do know that before we left we inspected and everything appeared good then. For those that have experience with the escapade, is there a temporary fix that will get us home? There is a NAPA store here so we do have access to parts...maybe.

Richard

Apologies to the mods for posting this here, but hopefully it'll be seen quicker.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Check with Napa for a Air Shock T Valve & Hose Kit. It should have anything you need for an air supply leak.

If it is the shock, either CSC or Progressive Suspension.

I hope it is a crack in the plastic air supply connector or a simple O ring.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Anyone got a Picture, of the broken part in question? I'm not familiar with this trailer, however am familiar with Progressive Suspensions (for bikes), and go right by Progressive's shop every day.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
napa

Check with Napa for a Air Shock T Valve & Hose Kit. It should have anything you need for an air supply leak.

If it is the shock, either CSC or Progressive Suspension.

I hope it is a crack in the plastic air supply connector or a simple O ring.
Diavalos,
Thanks for the response. Napa in Tok doesn't stock it (a good story there). If I order the kit, it won't get here until Thursday. Before I do that, do you know first hand that the O-rings and other fittings will fit? I guess, another way to ask is, does Escapade use standard hose sizes?

Richard

·
Registered
787 Posts
I had to buy a kit for mine on the road because the plastic connector on the air supply line cracked. I can't remember if I bought my kit from NAPA or another auto parts store, but it worked for me.

By the way, the connectors are hand tightened only. If you crank on them with a wrench, you risk the possibility of breaking the connector or stripping the threads on the air shock.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On hold for now

We took it apart and cleaned it and because we didn't have any other options, we put it back together and it's holding air. We'll redistribute some of the weight to the bikes and test it completely on the Alcan tomorrow, including the part north of Destruction Bay. Wish us luck.

Richard

·
Registered
7,375 Posts
Richard, here's your wish for luck. The air lines have been known to take a bump and get slightly wedged out of position and leak. Removal, clean and reinstallation will oftentimes restore the airworthiness. Not much you can do at the moment - but when back home and if decide to run new lines, I like to leave a few inches of slack (taped up out of the way to prevent snagging) so if I do have a problem at the fitting junction, I've got some extra line to be able to trim the end for a clean connection.

P.S. - I do hope the rest of your fantastic ride is uneventful and just smooth riding with good memories.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts