GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to know what fasteners hold the foot warmer control cable bracket to the shelter. The bracket I'm referring to is just forward of the left side fairing pocket. I thought it was two screws but there is nothing for the screws to turn into. I've had my bike torn down so long that I can't remember where every single fastener goes, even though I separated them by groups into plastic containers.

Some help here would really be appreciated.

Doug

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
There is only one screw holding the bracket. It hooks into the shelter on the left side, and there is a large phillips head screw on the right. It sounds like the nut plate on the right side has unclipped from the shelter.

There is only one screw like this on the shelter, so find it and it's nut plate and you are good. Good luck in your search.

·
Banned
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you...thank you... thank you. That must be exactly what happened - the nut plate fell off. I've got the left side in place; I'm guessing the hole in the left side serves no purpose. I'll bet its going to be fun trying to find that nut plate down in the fairing - probably end up buying a new one.

Doug

·
Registered
524 Posts
They are common in general aviation (small aircraft) Lowe's might also have them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts