GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help to see if its any easier way to replace the right injector cover without having to remove the front fairing? Bike is a 2009 Gl1800 4A 133,000 miles. Part is #13 on parts diagram below ( hope diagram shows). The part sits right underneath the right side of the front fairing. Per service manual looks like I will need to remove the front fairing which also means windshield and etc to get to that area of bike to replace the part. If so I will just take my time and follow the manual. But if someone knows of a simpler way please let me know.
Font Auto part Engineering Motor vehicle Line art

· Registered
2,923 Posts
Eeee gads. Its been 18 years since i removed mine on my 2005 and installed amber LED's.
However, I recall being able to get in there with minimal fairing removal. Just enough to get a tool on that retainer.
l loosened some of the lower fairing and flexed it out enough to get in there, as I recall.
Not a lot of help here to share. But I did do it without a lot of disassembly. In fact, I have a spare pair of those panels
available in my parts cabinet. They wont fit my 2016!

Corventure Dave

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks that helps a lot. At least it encourages me to know that it’s can be done without to much removal. What I can’t believe is that the price of that one part is so expensive. I found a salvage one off the internet so the cost was cheap compare to 400.00 for new one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts