GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help guys. I had to replace my fuel door in the upper shell, normally I would take pictures of the whole procedure as I take it apart but I did not and now I have a problem. The first picture is from the parts fiche and shows two washers (marked as #19). The second pic shows where I think they must go but I only have one washer. My fuel door never lined up properly before which leads me to believe that one was missing from the factory. Does anyone know for sure that this is where those washers go? Thanks in advance

. 64A3B45C-DC7E-4478-8E0E-B14A04E3C8A4.jpeg 80C12910-827E-4C52-902F-F97120EA8EE0.jpeg

·
Registered
606 Posts
It has been noted that the button needs to be pushed/activated by pressing off center to the right. Was it your door or the lock that wasn't centered?

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It has been noted that the button needs to be pushed/activated by pressing off center to the right. Was it your door or the lock that wasn't centered?
I think you may be referring to the pocket compartment door not the fuel door, I have the airbag model so there is no pocket door. Thanks anyway.

·
Registered
16,628 Posts
The drawing is ambiguous. Is your door now aligned properly? By your pic, did you place a washer over on one side and under that larger round part on the other?

prs

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The drawing is ambiguous. Is your door now aligned properly? By your pic, did you place a washer over on one side and under that larger round part on the other?

prs
I showed picture like that only to depict how it must have been coming from the factory thus the misaligned fuel door. Believe it or not the cushions from Honda are back ordered until mid May so I made one out of plastic and it works fine. Three is no way I was going to wait until mid May to put my bike back together again.

·
Registered
16,628 Posts
I thought the larger round objects were of a cushion material. I would not wait either. Next winter project or whenever you are in that area again project. Or, its good enough non-project.

prs

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I thought the larger round objects were of a cushion material. I would not wait either. Next winter project or whenever you are in that area again project. Or, its good enough non-project.

prs
They are rubber but are very hard. The plastic 'cushion' isn't ideal but it will do the job for now and yes, it will be a task for a later time to get the correct ones in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts