GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The little women actually listened to me and got me the sirius satellite radio system for X-mas.......my question is I want to run it through the aux input on the radio, but I don't want to open the package and find that I can't plug in and I have to use an F.M. modulator....It's the audiovox system with the docking station. Thanks

·
Registered
221 Posts
I would suspect that all the protable Satalite units have a aux out. It's some autos that ton't always have an aux in.

Go to radio shack and get a ground loop isolator to keep the alternator noise out if the Aux input.

:yw1:

·
Registered
837 Posts
The Audiovox Sirius radio docking station has the FM modulator built into them. I don't think they have an audio out jack. I've only seen one first hand and could be mistaken.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Jim Mathis said:
The Audiovox Sirius radio docking station has the FM modulator built into them. I don't think they have an audio out jack. I've only seen one first hand and could be mistaken.
I stand corrected. They do have one with RCA out jacks.
http://www.circuitcity.com/detail.jsp?c=1&b=g&qp=0&bookmark=bookmark_0&oid=78256&catoid=-10883

With the left and right output, you'll need to go to radio shack and get a Y connector with the RCA plugs on one end and the jack on the other end to match the aux audio plug on the bike.

Your's should say on the box if it has the built in FM modulator.

I hope this all makes sense. It's been a long day.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Found it! If you have the SIRPNP1 or SIRPNP2 model, checking the installation instructions for the car kit shows that the unit has a jack on the back that your AUX INPUT cable will plug into. You can see that the car kit includes a cable with a 3.5mm (1/8 in) male jack just like the one on the bike.

Go to this page and then click on the blue button that says: Find a manual

http://www.audiovox.com/webapp/wcs/...10001&storeId=10001&productId=12394&langId=-1

1 - 6 of 6 Posts