GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have an extra hook up for the Iway for a mobile installation? I am wanting just the straight power hook up without the speaker portiong that goes into the cigarette lighter. I am wanting to put my Iway on the Vulcan. I just need the power cord so I can get 12V. to it. I am not even worried about the speaker portion of the cord as I do not have any intercom system on the bike and do not intend to put any on it.

If anybody has one and wants to sell it let me know.

Jon, If you are reading this and have anything let me know. I would rather purchase it from you rather than going through Lowrance.

Thanks, Ross

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bill, I appreciate the response.

I already purchased one from them for the car one year ago. This hook up is for the new Vulcan. I do not need the audio portion because there are not any speakers on the vulcan. For now I robbed the one out of the car and cut the speaker wires out of the harness. There is not too much room for extra wires on the Vulcan and I want to make it as clean a install as possible.

I called them last week and they are out of them. I will just try them again later. I thought maybe someone on here might have one laying around and would let it go.

Ross

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I have one installed on the Wing, one in the car,and need a couple more myself! LOL

You didn't ask but I'll throw this out.
I suggest if you possibly can get both cables through the penetrations on the Vulcan, Ross, that you might want to do so. You never know when you might add music or one an intercom/interface box to it. My wife said she would not add music or gps to her vtx, but I wanted her to have comms so she decided she wanted music *too* via mp3 player :). (Still can't convince her to play with a gps.) The IMC MIT-100 came with 4 headsets, is a full intercom and is the central box for the CB/FRS, MP3, and cell phone. Also included the PTT switch for the handlebars. Speakers are thin and have quite good audio quality and mic is good. Comes with all necessary cords but you may have to get an adapter dending upon how you get 12V from the bike that could cost you a whole $10 maybe. The kit was $200.

The downside is that the VOX is always on with no method of turning it off. She almost never has a passenger so it just makes wind noise above about 60 that interferes with her music and comms. Rumor has it that IMC is working on a newer version that will, but it was supposed to be out last summer. <sigh>

So for $200, you can have all the functionality of the Wing on your Vulcan, plus headsets for you and the passenger. Such a deal. Whitehorse Press and Sierra carry them.

Just like the Wings, you gotta keep the mic pointed *toward* your mouth. She got very embarassed by that one time in a group ride when we were using CB's.

David M.
<no, I don't have any stock in IMC>

·
Registered
642 Posts
5Ross said:
Does anybody have an extra hook up for the Iway for a mobile installation? I am wanting just the straight power hook up without the speaker portiong that goes into the cigarette lighter. I am wanting to put my Iway on the Vulcan. I just need the power cord so I can get 12V. to it.
if the Iway is anything like the Garmin, you could just buy a 110v adapter and cut the wall-wart off. The 110v adapter just provides 12v power and no audio (at least on the garmin) and it was less than half the cost of the 12v power cable.

I didn't want the audio so I bought a 110v adapter and soldered it up for less than half the cost.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts