GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to put the bike to sleep for the winter. Need to purchase a battery tender. Looking at the Battery Tender Plus and Battery Tender Jr. In reading info, it looks like the Plus is a charger/tender and the Jr. is just a tender. Is one better than the other? Is it worth the extra $30 to buy the Plus.
I would appreciate your thoughts.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Walmart has the same one for two dollars less.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Ted Wenzka said:
Getting ready to put the bike to sleep for the winter. Need to purchase a battery tender. Looking at the Battery Tender Plus and Battery Tender Jr. In reading info, it looks like the Plus is a charger/tender and the Jr. is just a tender. Is one better than the other? Is it worth the extra $30 to buy the Plus.
I would appreciate your thoughts.
I use, and have used, Battery Tender Jrs. for a while now. Both bikes and the lawnmower.

Love 'em.

:wink:

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I don't know about the one from Lowe's of Harbor Frieght but the one from Walmart comes with a battery tap and cigarette lighter connection. I have them on the bike, lawn tractor and emergency generator.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Go to walmart and buy the BatteryCompanion with float by Schumacher for $18 . The same unit in AutoZone is $34. But the Walmart unit has better connectors. Schumacher is a respected name in auto electronics. The battery Tender brand is just over hyped and over priced. There are some people that just don't get it. PS: they are a big seller and sometimes you have to wait for them to get back on the shelf.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Battery MINDER

I just ordered 2 BatteryMinders, $50 ea. It is suspposed to be the only one that will recondition a battery from sulfation. On several forums I frequent, people have highly recommended them because they brought batteries back from the dead. In fact quite a few have said this.

$50 may sound like a lot, but I only need to save one battery a year to come out ahead. I have lots of batterys. 4 in my boat alone, and they are not cheap batteries

Moby

·
Registered
872 Posts
Ted,

I don't know if the B T Plus is much better than the B T Jr., but the Jr is more than adequate for my needs.

Besides being on the Wing for 5 months every winter, it goes on my car for 6 months in the summer, and keeps it's battery well charged.

One time I did kill the battery on the Wing and hooked up the B T Jr. It recharged the battery in about 22 hours.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts