GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son built me a chopper last yr. To be able to register the bike, i need to have paper work on the tranny...which my son lost. So now i need to find a builder that maybe could help me out. Also the Co. that built the tranny is out of business.
Any tips would be appreciated.
Thanx.....Ivan

H

·
0 Posts
I can't help but your problem makes me curious. What kind of info do you need to register the bike?

·
Registered
103 Posts
In Illinois you can do a bonded title sometimes when paperwork is not available and you may have a similiar option with your vehicle office. a receipt or other form of paperwork may work too or possibly trying to contact the owner of the business for assistance. often the chamber of commerce in the town the business was located in has info since they keep an eye on their tax base and its contributors. they may be able to provide a name (the county may have records of the owner as well) and address. it's a reach and somewhat of a crapshoot but may be worth a try. Law enforcement may be able to shed some light too as to the options you have if any. Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts