GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Goldwing with a stock windshield.

When riding on curvy two lane roads I like to look over the shield. But out on a cross country trip running a lot of Interstate I want the shield higher putting the wind over my head.

After doing a little research, I'm considering the F4+2.

My Question: When the F4+2 shield is adjusted all the way down. What is the measurement from the top of the shield to where it makes contact at the top of the black stripe on the outside front of the bike?

Thanks!

·
IronMan
17,623 Posts
try calling them and see if they have info.

Reactions: Monk

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
I have a 2014 Goldwing with a stock windshield.

When riding on curvy two lane roads I like to look over the shield. But out on a cross country trip running a lot of Interstate I want the shield higher putting the wind over my head.

After doing a little research, I'm considering the F4+2.

My Question: When the F4+2 shield is adjusted all the way down. What is the measurement from the top of the shield to where it makes contact at the top of the black stripe on the outside front of the bike?

Thanks!
Not an exact answer to your question, but I have an Optic Armor +2 on my '06. From top of the shield to the top of the black rubber strip the measurement is exactly 18-3/4" with the shield in the lowest position. The shield is coated polycarbonate and other than a couple of very small, almost unnoticeable pits it looks as good today as the day I installed it several years ago.

·
Registered
529 Posts
It should be 18.5 -18.75 but I have an F4 +2 on the way.

Probably won't install for 10 days or so (travelling). If you haven't gotten a firm answer by then I will let you know.

...hmmm. I just noticed yours is a 2014, mine is 2006. Not sure they would be the same?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the information guys. I will keep researching ...

The customer service folks at F4 couldn't give me the exact measurement. However, they did tell me the slant of the shield was the same as stock. From that information I should be able to put my stock shield all the way down then add the 2 inches and see where it falls.

My Hartco seat raised me enough that I need a higher shield when running faster on the interstate. But giving up looking over on the two lanes is not an option for me. When I bought this bike it had an Optic Armour on it. But it was just too tall for me, so I went back to stock. I loved it out on the open road, but not so much on the two lanes or when it was raining.

Thanks ...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts