GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 GL1800 and I'm prepping for a trip to Colorado in the late spring that will involve some camping and some hoteling.

I don't have access to my bike for a while, so I'm trying to figure out if certain items will fit in the standard saddlebags, trunk, and my FirstGear Torrent waterproof duffel that straps into the passenger seat.

The largest item so far is the sleeping mat, a Therm-A-Rest BaseCamp that when rolled up is a log about 25" long and about 5" round. Will it fit lengthwise?

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
I grabbed my wife's yoga mat and it measures exactly 5" x 24" (rolled). I tried to fit it into a saddlebag liner for a 2009 Goldwing. Didn't fit. Tried it in the trunk liner for the '09. Sorry, it doesn't fit in the trunk either.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
...The largest item so far is the sleeping mat, a Therm-A-Rest BaseCamp that when rolled up is a log about 25" long and about 5" round. Will it fit lengthwise?

Atop the truck (on a rack) would be the perfect place for that item... Given that it's Lightweight, and Waterproof.

Reactions: weengers

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
BTW, it fits in the saddlebag of my 2016. I was just curious, so I tried it. Saddlebags on 2012-2017 Wings are a little longer.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
If you can't strap it atop the trunk, I'd consider a single size air mattress. It's what I used the first couple times out. I carry a small compressor that has an adapter that fit. A friend showed me how he filled his with his exhaust in less than a min just using his gloved hands, but that seemed a bit hazardous in a tent.

Since then I added a battery mattress pump/vacuum, a queen size and a trailer.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Can't help with the dimensions, but be forewarned, the right saddlebag is smaller that the left. (at-least on my '03')

1 - 6 of 6 Posts