GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new Zumo 550 & I really like it. I have a 02 GW with standard electronic features. I purchased a quality cord to add the adio to my AUX also a ISO ground loop suppressor. I am enjoying the use of this but my problem is volume, just not enough even with the Zumo controls set on 100%. Does anyone know what I need to get more volume, quality is good but just to low. Thanks guy's!

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
I assume that you adjusted the 'Master Volume' to its' maximum setting?

The audio volume settings page (shown below) just adjust the relative volume between the music and voice prompt output levels

To set the 'master volume', press the bottom hard button and you'll see the master volume indicator displayed on the right side of the display. You can now use the '+' & '-' keys to set the desired volume level.

Did you try connecting the Zumo directly to the AUX input without the GLI?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I do have the contol set to 100% on the master, I did try the unit prior to putting the GLI inline but did not ride so I am unsure of the total volune without the GLI. It seems about half of the volume needed to hear at 60mph.

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
Is this through your speakers, or headsets?

Lewis has a nice powered amplifier and GLI assembly that he originally intended to also provide the power for a Satellite radio, but you could ignore that function and just use the amplifier mode and its connections to the bike.

You can see it on his website at this link.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Headsets but the speaker volume is much less than the FM speaker volume also. Thanks for the help Jon, your advise is always suppurb!

·
Registered
674 Posts
Press the volume button on the bottom left then press the + on the top left.

Ed... :lol:

·
Registered
80 Posts
which screen should you be in when you attempt to increase the master volume? I tried it from the volume screen and I could not get any indication on the right that Jon spoke of. Any help would be appreicated.

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
Press the bottom hard button and hold it until you get the volume indicator on the right side of the display. Then you can use the '+' or '-' keys as desired or press the indicators on the screen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts