GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed a ridge all around the edge of my rear disc, like the pads don't go all the way to the edge when brake is pressed. It is the original with 183,000 miles. I am looking for a new one that will fit that someone had their bike triked. Does anyone know what is the newest year model rear rotor that will fit my 08.

·
IronMan
17,638 Posts
Pretty sure same up to 2017

·
IronMan
17,638 Posts
Was just out there for tom finch party. Pulled trailor to pick up parts on way home. If known then could have brouht ya one !!

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
That ridge is normal and the minimum specs is noted on the disk itself. Just mic the worn area and see if it is thinner than spec (probably is). I changed one out for a friend one time that was way below spec and he was worried about it breaking. He was at about that mileage. Rear disks are easy to come by. I usually get them when I buy trike takeoffs.

Reactions: CAWing

·
Registered
712 Posts
Was just out there for tom finch party. Pulled trailor to pick up parts on way home. If known then could have brouht ya one !!

John, you seem to do an amazing amount of riding. Do you ride through most of the time, or do overnight stops? Glad you could make it to the Tom Finch event. How's he doin'?
Bill

·
IronMan
17,638 Posts
John, you seem to do an amazing amount of riding. Do you ride through most of the time, or do overnight stops? Glad you could make it to the Tom Finch event. How's he doin'?
Bill
Got 37,000 in last year (aug - aug ) WORK AND SOON AS I GET CHANCE TAKE OFF N GO . USUALLY DO 6/700 MILES A DAY LESS WHEN I GET IN AREA IM GOING PULL CAMPER SO WHEN TIRED PULL OVER . TRY AND NOT RIDE AT NITE ON BACKROADS INTERSTATE OK HAVE MORE TIME TO REACT / SEE CRITTERS ON MAIN HWYS. LAST WEEK SOMEONE POSTED ON TOM AND NOT DOING TO GOOD . :( NOT EATING MUCH . BAD SIGN. CANCER IS A "SAD" DISEASE !!! USUALLY SLOW GOING = TERRIBLE WAY TO DAY . GIVE ME BIKE WRECK / HEART ATTACK / EX-WIFE SHOOT ME !! HE IS ONE OF THE GOOD ONES !!

·
Registered
712 Posts
Knew you were a long rider, just didn't realize how long. Knew you had a couple mishaps, but to your credit, you get right back in the saddle and ride again. Too bad about Tom...He is one of the good guys.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Buy a trike take off, much cheaper.

Reactions: kwthom

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't have any trike people that converts them to trikes around San Antonio. If someone knows someone close to me have them contact me i will ride within a 400 mile radias of where I live.

·
Administrator
3,724 Posts
I don't have any trike people that converts them to trikes around San Antonio. If someone knows someone close to me have them contact me i will ride within a 400 mile radias of where I live.

Marvin, there is a trike shop near Livingston, only 50 to 60 miles from me. I've never stopped, but if you'd like I will check to see what they have. If they have what you need I'll get it and bring it to you when I go to San Antonio next time.

Glen

1 - 11 of 11 Posts