GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's something I've been thinking about for a long time, since I've been reading and posting comments on this board.......

I think it should be required of everyone who joins this board to at least have something in your profile about what year and (Level) Gold Wing you have.

I would make it a lot easier to offer advice or help, because of the changes / alterations that Honda has made over the years to the Gold Wings.

I understand if some people don't want all kinds of information listed in their profile, but I think the year and level of Gold Wing would go a long way in helping others out with problems or questions they may have.

Anybody else think this might be worthwhile?

·
Registered
267 Posts
:agree:

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I think it should be required of everyone who joins this board to at least have something in your profile about what year and (Level) Gold Wing you have.
Do you by chance ..........work for the government.......?

·
Registered
8,256 Posts
It certainly helps when people ask questions. I think people should use their real names too. But I'm not for requiring anybody to do any of that. If people want good help they will provide useful information. Some people here don't even own GoldWings...

·
lightley seasoned member
3,082 Posts
Here's something I've been thinking about for a long time, since I've been reading and posting comments on this board.......

I would make it a lot easier to offer advice or help, because of the changes / alterations that Honda has made over the years to the Gold Wings.

I understand if some people don't want all kinds of information listed in their profile, but I think the year and level of Gold Wing would go a long way in helping others out with problems or questions they may have.

If your posting because of the speaker grill bugs...his profile lists his bike

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,206 Posts
It would be helpful if the year and level were in the signature, so it is easily seen with the question at hand.

·
Registered
580 Posts
It would also be helpful if there were some sort of BS filter on this board. Usually the BS posts outnumber the helpful posts by 15 to one on any given thread.

·
Registered
498 Posts
It might help if everyone had to post there social security and date of birth in addition to all the other stuff too. Maybe their atm pin number too.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Maybe a short quiz to pre-qualify.

Age, and vitals should be posted.

Financial status also. Sometimes poor, unhealthy people will say anything for attention. And old people, don't get me started!

..louie

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Instead of having it in their profile, they should just put it in the signature block. Then you don't have to look anywhere else, JMHO

·
Registered
334 Posts
Maybe a photo of their wife of GF would be a good idea too?
C'mon you guys can't be serious!

Obamas ideas are everywhere, but we don't need them here.

Harryco.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
It's relatively simple if the poster wants a correct response to their question.
State in your question for example I own a 2002 GL1800 and it is having this problem and all the good people here can offer up a suggestion.
They do the same on the other Goldwing forum and confuse everyone and then there are 5 different answers for one question.

·
Registered
239 Posts

Harryco.
Yo Harry.... + 100

TMI------------

What do you call it when you buddy is out of a job........A Recession
What do you call it when your out of a job...................A Depression

When do you call it a recovery ?...................................................
............................................................................................
...................................................................................

When Obama is out of a job !

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yo Harry.... + 100

TMI------------

What do you call it when you buddy is out of a job........A Recession
What do you call it when your out of a job...................A Depression

When do you call it a recovery ?...................................................
............................................................................................
...................................................................................

When John Boehner is out of a job !

There, I fixed it for you ! :nojoke:

·
Registered
8,256 Posts

·
Banned
11,396 Posts

Asking for Opinions around here is like asking for a free rectal exam.It's not going to be pretty.:eek:4:

Maybe a short quiz to pre-qualify.

Age, and vitals should be posted.

Financial status also. Sometimes poor, unhealthy people will say anything for attention. And old people, don't get me started!

..louie
Don't be so hard on yourself louie.:shrug: There is a lot of stranger people on this board than you.just ask them they will tell you! :nojoke:

Harryco.
Harry you crossed the line!.Have you seen some of these couples.
The last time some of them were at the beach,Why green peace tried to push them back in.

Now if you want to see a picture on my neighbors wife -well then now you're talking.
She make some dam good cookies in that outfit too.:thumbup:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts