GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in need of a room or to share the cost of a room. Or do I just stay a few mile away to the west near the airport. (GWRAA will be using). Or am I just overly concerned? :22yikes: Suggestions - Thanks as always

·
Registered
518 Posts
Last couple of years I've been down there, there has been plenty of rooms. Seems fuel prices have scared alot of people off. Rooms are still not cheap tho!

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
You could do the camping thing mucho cheaper o so.

Rooms will be available. Costs depend on what kind of room you need. I know you can get a no frills room in Daytona Beach for about 50 to 60 a night, but 4 of us rented a condo for the week so I have not researched any other lodging options this year.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No camping gear with me and I will drive till I find a room. I believe I will start on the west side near the GWRAA site at the air field

·
Registered
211 Posts
I suggest, don’t get a reservation. We have in the past and walk-in’s get the same rooms cheaper. One year we paid $30.00 more per night for a room than the walk-in's that were checking in next to us. We lost $90.00 for the weekend. The manager wouldn’t work with us. That’s the last year we made reservations.

Like said before, plenty of rooms available for walk-in's in the past few years but they still aren't cheap. You might have to check a few places before you find one you like.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts