GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been away for a long time and have a friend coming over tonight to help me with my bike.

Where is the fuse to the front running lights on a 2009 GL 1800. Also does the switch itself known for going bad.

Thanks

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,378 Posts
been away for a long time and have a friend coming over tonight to help me with my bike.

Where is the fuse to the front running lights on a 2009 GL 1800. Also does the switch itself known for going bad.

Thanks
The position lights get their power from the tail light relay and fuse. The switch can go bad, but you will usually notice other issues with the turn signals if it does. What are your symptoms? Headlights are another story.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Fuses are to the left of the battery. There is one for the low and another for the high. They are labeled under the cap. Relays are under the seat. If both low beams and high are out it could be the starter switch. Read this.

https://gl1800riders.com/forums/5-g...-headlight-not-working-have-checked-fuse.html

Also both lights will burn out rather close to each other. Maybe one was out for a few days and you didn't notice, then the other went out.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Depending on the manufacturer of the lights, there may be an inline fuse on the wiring harness under the left pocket.

·
Registered
5,972 Posts

Thanks
I'm not clear on which lights you are talking about.
Calling them running lights makes me think the lights in the mirrors.
Referring to a switch makes me think foglights or headlights but the turn signals are operated by a switch soooo?

Reactions: GLblinded

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I'm not clear on which lights you are talking about.
Calling them running lights makes me think the lights in the mirrors.
Referring to a switch makes me think foglights or headlights but the turn signals are operated by a switch soooo?
very good observation. :thumbup::thumbup:

·
Vendor
17,833 Posts
Interesting, some gl1800 owners want answers to problems and leave important information out of the question, there's a lesson here.
At least he gave make, model, and year !!! That info's unusual for this crowd.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts