GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on adding a CB to my wing for next summer's trip.

Any recommendations re. brand or type?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
GL2Way...Hands down and I have owned BOTH...

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
GL2way is the way to go!! Pete is fantastic!!

·
Registered
624 Posts
GL2WAY :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

GL2WAY service is second to none! :thumbup: I experienced a problem with my CB and talked on the phone with Pete trying to resolve the problem. After each attempt failed to produce the desired results, I made an appointment to meet Pete at Wings Over the Smokies. We met on Friday, Pete agreed that my CB had a problem and he started to work.

In about an hour I returned to find the problem had been completely repaired and I now had a CB with all the latest updates. :clap2:

I am happy and Pete is happy, so all is well. :agree:

Thanks Pete, for being such a standup guy and for the unrivaled best in customer service. :1st:

If you are looking for quality products with great customer service, BikeMP3 and GL2WAY are unbeatable.:yes:

Mike

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
OEM is the only way to go, Honda is the only company that knows how to design it right, GL2way sucks!:joke:

We need at least one naysayer here, or it looks too darn lopsided!

I have had both (my OEM rig is for sale if I could only get off my butt), and the powerful features and capabilities that GL2way adds at a lower price makes it not only the best bang for the buck, but the best bang <period>

I use the channel scanning feature all the time on my ride to work, catches the truckers and other driving professionals results in at least once a week getting timely road conditions. If someone tells you all the truckers are on Channel 19, they are lying to you.

Being able to control multiple radios is essential to me, as I also have an FT-857 Amateur Radio attached. Having that expandability for those that initially buy the CB should be a comfort to those that expect to transition to FRS/GMRS.

The VOX feature (beta tester) works very well (not perfectly) and can unlink you from even raising a thumb, so to speak.

The developing APRS feature (beta tester) has a coolness factor, with the right GPS (which I do not have) attached I should be able to track the riders in a group on the screen. I do hope this feature develops to fruition.

·
Registered
19,376 Posts
Honda OEM-Wing Stuff

·
Notorious Rocket Scientist
5,533 Posts
Greetings!

One advantage to the GL2Way is that you can add a second transceiver. I have attached a GMRS radio to mine so I can communicate using CB or GMRS.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts