GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ladies and Gents,
Well, we just finished a week of Rockies Gold and a week of Jeeping in Ouray CO. We'll be heading southeast out of Durago CO Saturday morning on the 160 to Pagosa Springs and then the 84 down into NM. We might make Taos in or around maybe 2:00 or 3:00, not sure. Or, we might just find a place on 84 to camp. Does anyone know of a nice campground on the 84 in that area or some place close to it?

Second, we'd like some riding info on nice roads in or around that area of Taos or surrounding areas. Any help here would surely be appreciated. Thanks
Scott

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Ladies and Gents,
Well, we just finished a week of Rockies Gold and a week of Jeeping in Ouray CO. We'll be heading southeast out of Durago CO Saturday morning on the 160 to Pagosa Springs and then the 84 down into NM. We might make Taos in or around maybe 2:00 or 3:00, not sure. Or, we might just find a place on 84 to camp. Does anyone know of a nice campground on the 84 in that area or some place close to it?

There are some campgrounds in the Chama, NM area.. Heron Lake State park south of Chama looked nice.

Second, we'd like some riding info on nice roads in or around that area of Taos or surrounding areas. Any help here would surely be appreciated. Thanks
Scott
Several good roads in the area.
  • Highway 17 north out of Chama to Antontio. Be sure to check out the Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad. You can walk the yard in Chama.
  • US-64 between Tiera Amrilla and Tres Pedres good on the bike. A bit of a challenge for your RV.
  • The Enchanted Circle out of Taos: Taos -> Eagles Nest -> Questa -> Taos.
  • NM 4 From Los Alamos to Jemez Springs.

Give me a call if you want. I've spent a lot of time in the area.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gents,
Thanks a heap for the info. Very much appreciated. Pingjockey, again, it was great riding with you and your S/O during the Rockies Gold. Looking forward to another ride again someday. Based on the projected weather report for Taos and the 50 mile radius, it looks like I can't get out of the rain. We'll see. Thanks again.
Scott

·
Registered
158 Posts
The Enchanted Circle out of Taos: Taos -> Eagles Nest -> Questa -> Taos. This gets my vote. Ping Jockey gave a good one:thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts