GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some advice on how to remove the lower right side faring. I know that there is four screws down the edge and some push pin in the front, but other than that is there some more things I have to take loose to get this off? I have some broken tabs I need to try to repair.
Any advice or pictures would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
JohnD

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
John, did some searching and this is what I came up with. http://gl1800riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=269285&highlight=remove+front+fairing

Not much in the way of pictures, but it does appear that it is/will be a job and the service manual will come in handy. If you don't have them, I might suggest that you consider getting Fred Harmon's DVDs. They really have been a big help to me. Used them to basically take the bike apart when I had to install a new starter on the Trike. You can find them here. http://www.angelridevideos.com/gl1800.html

Might also post this on the Tech Board as the guys might have some good information there are well.

Good luck with your project.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
You really need the OEM service manual. Are you trying to remove the whole fairing or split just half of it?

·
Registered
734 Posts
Hey John,

Are you trying to replace the stock radiator grills with chrome ones?

If so I think that can be done without removing anything except the thin trim piece so you can get to the bolts holding the fairing on. The plastic has enough flex in it to let you pull the old grill out and install the new shinny one... I had my fairing all the way off when I did mine and it's been a few years but I really think you could get it done without pulling plastic. I looked at my '06 manual and it looks like there are two clips at the top holding that grill in place.....

Good luck. :cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Chrome grills can be put on easily WITHOUT removing fairing..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts