GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning all. It's been awhile since I've visited with y'all. I believe I started posting around 2004. I am considering buying a Hannigan Astro 2 for my 2005 Wing (with 45,000 miles on the clock). Tom Finch introduced me to Dave and Ruth Anne years ago and I know they are first class folks and run a top flight company! If you own or did own a GL1800 and ran an Astro 2. I would like your feedback. A friend has cautioned me about the width (over 7 feet) and the uneasy feeling he got always "riding the center line" and not wanting to hit a mailbox with the sidecar. That's the only conversation I've had with anyone having real experience. And so if anyone could give me some feedback and advice on this subject I would be greatly appreciative!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Good morning all. It's been awhile since I've visited with y'all. I believe I started posting around 2004. I am considering buying a Hannigan Astro 2 for my 2005 Wing (with 45,000 miles on the clock). Tom Finch introduced me to Dave and Ruth Anne years ago and I know they are first class folks and run a top flight company! If you own or did own a GL1800 and ran an Astro 2. I would like your feedback. A friend has cautioned me about the width (over 7 feet) and the uneasy feeling he got always "riding the center line" and not wanting to hit a mailbox with the sidecar. That's the only conversation I've had with anyone having real experience. And so if anyone could give me some feedback and advice on this subject I would be greatly appreciative!
I've ridden sidecar rigs for 35+ years. I have a Hannigan GTL on order with the front end mods included. You get used to the width very quickly. I raised both my kids in a sidecar. I started with a Velorex and when the second kid came around I cut the tub in half and widened it a foot. Rode all over the country with that rig.

Robert

1 - 2 of 2 Posts