GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My aunt and uncle live in the Dallas area and are looking for a mini van that would have a ramp on it. They are in their mid 70's.
Does anybody know of a van within a 500 mile reach of Dallas?
Below is an email from my sister.
I will be out of town this weekend and will not be able to check any emails until Sunday night.
thanks mike

Lisa and the girls are looking for a used mini van with a ramp that Aunt Ann can roll her wheelchair in making it easier for Uncle jim to get her in and out of a vehicle. He has put off buying one bec of the expense but the girls are taking over now since he has had hernia operation this past Tues. He had a double hernia and I am sure it is from lifting aunt Annn. He is not wanting them to do this but Lisa said it makes it easier on Lisa too when she takes Aunt Ann somewhere. So I told her I would ask you to search the internet for a good used mini van. They thought they might be able to get one for around $8000 to $12,000.

What do you think????

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Mini Van

There was one in Vernon at Ruble Vance, I remember seeing it couple of weeks ago, but not sure if its still there.
Ruble Vance 940-552-6261

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There was one in Vernon at Ruble Vance, I remember seeing it couple of weeks ago, but not sure if its still there.
Ruble Vance 940-552-6261
thanks James

·
Registered
71 Posts
Wish I had more to help here in Columbus OH. I grew up down the street from a great man who suffered from MS.

He was the scoutmaster to my boy scout troop and the father to three of my best friends. His struggle with MS has impacted me personally for my entire life.

God bless.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
I would suggest giving these guys a call. While they "rent" them, they may also have some good leads on where to buy a used one. They might even have one in their fleet that they are ready to let go. Good luck.

http://www.txwheelchairvans.com/

Here is another place that seems to have some inventory of things for sale, but you need to call them.

http://www.lift-aids.com/

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Fiver and Wheels
I called my sister Terry (really she is a girl) and she is staying in touch with this link.
My aunt is as sweet as they get:yes1:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts