GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got together all of the mounting equiptment for mounting my Delphi XM radio. After hooking up everything I realized that if I hook this into the "AUX." port on the machine, I won't be able to plug in my I-pod to play it in the "AUX." because the plug is no longer there/hooked into the system. Does anybody know how I can plug in the I-pod or switch to the XM without having to remove the glove box and switch plugs? Man I'd hate to loose my ability to listen to the I-pod just to have XM.
Al :yes::yes::yes:

·
Mad UK Winger
356 Posts
you need one of these i think

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=34198

but im sure you could find an isolated one that would be even better, this plug adapter will allow 2 inputs to one output, you just need to ask for twin female to single female. i had to make a cable for the car to do the same thing as i couldnt get an all female block. i made it isolated too so there was no earth feed back to either supply.

2 minutes to build if you want to make one?

just need 3 stereo 3.5mm sockets, 2 audio isolator coils, about 20cm of 3 core lightweight cable and a soldering iron and solder.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Just got together all of the mounting equiptment for mounting my Delphi XM radio. After hooking up everything I realized that if I hook this into the "AUX." port on the machine, I won't be able to plug in my I-pod to play it in the "AUX." because the plug is no longer there/hooked into the system. Does anybody know how I can plug in the I-pod or switch to the XM without having to remove the glove box and switch plugs? Man I'd hate to loose my ability to listen to the I-pod just to have XM.
Al :yes::yes::yes:
Call lewis at Electrical connections. They made me a splitter so that I could keep my aux cable and plug my xm into the plug under the pocket. Think it was 20.00

1 - 4 of 4 Posts