GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy and his wife just had a tire failure on the way back to Granby. We had the bike towed to the Power Sports dealership in Granby, Co, near the Summit condos where we are staying. We had a ride planned to Mt Evans tomorrow and then they are heading on to Montana from here. Has anyone in the area happen to have a rear tire, mounted or ,(car tire or motorcycle tire) that he could purchase to complete his 2 week trip?) I doubt whether the Power Sports dealership will have one in stock..looks like mostly non touring vehicles there (4 wheelers, jet skis, ect.) Its a long shot but I though Id give it a try.
My phone number is 205.807.0468..thanks.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
jbosey, I hope you don't mind, but I posted a plea for ya on the Colorado forum!

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I had several calls offering assistance but they were just too far away to be feasible. We laid his bike down and took his tire and rim in my trailer over to Silverthorne, Colorado to pick up and D250 (only tire they had the correct size) and had them mount it on the rim. The trip to Silverthorne was fantastic as is every paved road here in the Rockies! Silverthorne Power Sports initially wanted $299.95 for this D250 but we finally got him to at least mount it on the rim for that price! Highway robbery...but that was just where we were ..on the highway. We were happy to get something for him to continue his trip. We got back to Granby, put the tire and wheel on and she of course cranked right up. Again thanks for all those that called and offered assistance and sympathy. We even had an offer of a meal and a place to stay on the way to Montana! You meet the nicest people on a honda.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Jbosey, Glad you are on the road again. I wished you guys would have been closer to Craig. I would have sold you my extra new tire and wheel for that price!!! (Well I would have let you borrow it) The offer still stands for rooms and meal for the bunch going to Montana if they come this way. Ride safe

·
Registered
247 Posts
3 hundred for a stock rear tire, should have called the police and reported a crime. he must of had a boat payment due

·
Immortal Member
3,084 Posts
Glad you got him back on the road, just sorry about the cost in both time and money.

Welcome to Colorado.

Will you make Mt Evans this trip? Sure hope so.

Doug and Vicky are some good folks, just like so very many that hang out on this forum from all around the world.

Be safe and have a great time on the rest of the trip.

·
Registered
570 Posts
3 hundred for a stock rear tire, should have called the police and reported a crime. he must of had a boat payment due
Sounds like a lot but that is the MSRP. Also get used to the sticker shock on tire prices. A local car tire dealer employee told me that their cost of tires to them have gone up $20 - $40 per tire. The cost of batteries are going up too. This is due to oil prices and enviro fees that is designed to make us all "Green". Sometimes I get so tired of individuals complaining of prices too high yet they ride a bike that cost more than many cars. A dealer/anyone should be free to sell a product at a price to make a profit. It is called Free Enterprise. I am sure the retailer was not buying a truckload where he could discount the tire. Come on leave snide remarks about the retailer being a thief, keep in mind he had a tire in stock to get the bike back on the road.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts