GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is most likely a crazy request but I have a small crack in the left side top cover on my black 92 1500GL and was wondering if anyone would know of someone who has an extra one possibly from a damaged bike. :( A new one is just over $300.00. I have seen some remarkable things on this board. I don't suppose anyone has a miracle fix for this. Well I just had to ask

·
Registered
231 Posts
BigD, if you have already checked the classifieds here and found nada, then you might try ebay. Several trike conversion companies and "wreckers" sell misc. parts, including tupperware in all colors. Even black! :D
Good luck.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hawk

Thanks for the heads up. The trike conversion shop was the only one I could think of that might have it. I called several and the only parts they have are the side bags and in some cases the top trunk. I had never thought of bike wrecking yards or of Ebay. I will make some phone calls tomorrow. I did run on to some Illusion Blue parts if you are interested :wink: When I got my 04 Candy Red I was really looking for an Illusion Blue but mother honda did not see fit to make it. BIG MISTAKE!!!

Thanks again
Dick

·
Registered
231 Posts
Good hunting BigD,
If we get a "new" GL (say an '06 or '07), it is going to be IB again. If Mother does NOT see fit to use that color, then Candy Black Cherry ( 8) ) would be my second choice. :D

·
Registered
824 Posts
rchawk49 said:
Good hunting BigD,
If we get a "new" GL (say an '06 or '07), it is going to be IB again. If Mother does NOT see fit to use that color, then Candy Black Cherry ( 8) ) would be my second choice. :D
Yeah, right, like Mother Honda is gonna make the colors we want!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts