GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for the best front speaker option for my 2005 Goldwing would prefer an exact fit I believe. What are the best sounding ones out there that you like?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My researches only come up with the JM and Show Chrome as being direct fit and I don’t know anything about either of these but both are probably better than stock. Hope to hear from some others on there experiences.

·
Registered
558 Posts
J&M is my choice. Manufactured to fit the Goldwing. Drop in fit and "Plug & Play".

No modifications and fitting to be done.
I put a set into one of my Goldwings, and it was a good improvement.

·
Registered
353 Posts
J&M is my choice. Manufactured to fit the Goldwing. Drop in fit and "Plug & Play".

No modifications and fitting to be done.
I put a set into one of my Goldwings, and it was a good improvement.
You are mostly correct. However, Honda, in their infinite wisdom, actually used two different sized front speakers. I have included a page from their parts catalog showing the two sizes. (The BLUE arrow points to the smaller speaker holder. The RED arrow points to the larger speaker holder) The smaller speaker size is not available, but the larger one is. The difficulty is that you won't know which speaker holder you have until you open it up. I suspect that the larger speaker is part of the comfort upgrade package.

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
Bought the Polk DB501's based on other posts and just recently installed them on a 2001. They are not a direct replacement. You have to make slight modifications to the speaker mounting holes and the speaker wire connections are much smaller so the spade connectors will need to be tightened up to connect to the speaker. They also don't appear to have as much bass as the stock units. Would not have replaced the stock units but the front speakers were shot.

·
Registered
353 Posts
MERRY CHRISTMAS! I installed some DB651's. And the jury is still out. Need to try matting in back and a more powerful amp. Listening to radio sounds bad. Mp3 or like much better. They need power. There is more info as you do searches on this site and a whole bunch on the internet. I still think I am going to go with polk MM's or other higher end marine speakers.
Bruce

·
Registered
375 Posts
Has anyone used or have information on Polk speakers the db501 or the Kenwood KFC-E1065 pros or cons
I used dB501's in my '03; best bet for speakers. Marine rated, great sound! I had them in all four locations.

Reactions: Rick in MN.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Polk 651's in my 2012. Sounds awesome. Did the front only. I had to notch one side of the outer ring to make them fit, did it in 5 seconds by bumping the speaker against the side of a bench grinder wheel. Used the foam insulator as a template.

·
Registered
852 Posts
DB501’s front and rear. Much better sound. Really need radio upgrade to get best sound, but mine works for me around town. Open road riding always listening to music via BT

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts