GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it's time to trade my 03 in, on an 07 ABS (pic below) I've been wheelin and dealin with Pete Hatfield at Hatfield Motorsports in Muscatine Iowa for a couple months. This guy's a real trooper, as I have changed my mind on color and options at least 10 times. :lol: Anybody looking for a wing should contact Pete. Great price, better than fair trade-in allowance, and an all around great guy!!

Originally, I was gonna ride each way, but this crappy weather has me reconsidering. I'd like to get my bike to Hatfield in ready to go condition, and bring my new one back, mint as well.

Soooo, if anyone in the Western New York area has a 6 X 10, or 6 X 12 enclosed trailer they can part with for a couple days, I'd be Glad to give ya a hundred bucks to use it. I'll be using an 06 F150 4X4 for towing, so you don't need to worry about it.

Not to be too picky, but a trailer with a wheel chock is highly preferred. I'm planning on leaving here Friday 11/3 at approx 5PM, and should be back late Saturday night.

Any help will be Greatly appreciated. PM, or email me at [email protected]

THANKS in advance!!!!

[/b]

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Can't help on the trailer but that is a purty one. 8)

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Honk as you pass exit 70 on I-80 in IL, and I'll wave back. Nice bike, and good luck on borrowing a trailer. This time of year, the weather changes rapidly.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
If you don't find one here U-Haul rents trailers of all shapes and sizes. I rented one to haul a motorcycle for 80 miles in the middle of winter. The U-Haul dealer here in Logansport was able to locate what I needed and had it here for my use. It only cost me, if I remember correctly about 40.00. I already had the proper wiring and plugs for their trailer and he did not charge me for that part of the rental.

Good luck and I guess maybe Pete Hatfield might be the guy to check with for a good deal.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
C'mon fellas, where's the Benevolance??

·
Hungry Member
5,045 Posts
Your welcome to use my trailer. It has a wheel chock and tie down points specifically placed for a wing. Not real close but closer than LA. No charge by the way.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Are you getting a silver 07, what option level?

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Too bad you're so far away or you could use mine - trailer, not truck. lol

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Still lookin for a trailer, and I also love lookin at the pic of my new scoot. :lol:

BTW, your trailer is Fully covered under my insurance. I'll pick it up, and drop it off. No hassle at all. - $100 to you.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Wish I had one to let you use. I do not even have a trailer hitch on my truck. I know, I know. You might want to try Bulldog. He may have one or some of his resources might be able to dig one up for you.

I hope your new wing gives you many miles of smiles. I remember getting mine back in 01 and I do not ever remember the rear rim being that clean. :D

·
Registered
238 Posts
Get a U-Haul and stop pestering others. Why would someone who doesn't know you feel comfortable loaning a $4,000 trailer to make a lousy $100 bucks, when you can rent one locally for $40?? Just sounds fishy to me, my parents always taught me that if someone has the balls to ask for an outrageous favor, I have to have the balls to say no. :lol: Greg

·
Registered
21,020 Posts
heck if it was me i would ride the old clunker to Iowa and ride the nice new wing home, the money u save on fuel alone would pay for the motels and more, i am sure the folks at Hatfield would b happy to wash your old clunker when they get it

or as a last resort forget the trailer, get a wheelchock and load it in the box of that nice truck

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I don't have a trailer, sorry. A couple years ago, my GF and I were driving west through SD, and we passed a woman driving what must have been a 1ton PU, pulling TWO trailers like Wanderer's. We were probably doing 70 mph or so with the car when we passed her, and I looked over, and she was by herself. I'd never seen anyone pull two of those trailers.

The next morning when we woke up, and went out to the motel parking lot, that same truck was there, but only had one trailer. The woman was talking with the motel owner, then left. We asked the owner what was up, and she said that the woman had lost a trailer on the interstate. The woman was going back to pick up her trailer, or what was left of it. She didn't even know it, until some girls in a car that had been following her, flagged her over to the side of the road. Geez Louise.

Sorry for the hijack...now, back to our story.....

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
spine60 said:
Get a U-Haul and stop pestering others. Why would someone who doesn't know you feel comfortable loaning a $4,000 trailer to make a lousy $100 bucks, when you can rent one locally for $40?? Just sounds fishy to me, my parents always taught me that if someone has the balls to ask for an outrageous favor, I have to have the balls to say no. :lol: Greg
Yep, perhaps I am asking too much of others. Just thought I'd give it a whirl.

BTW Spineless, your tone to me would Most certainly get the **** kicked out of you, if you ever addressed me like that in person.

That's a Guarantee!!!!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Confirms my notion of a barbarian. :D

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
spine60 said:
Confirms my notion of a barbarian. :D
All you are is Mouth!! And a Useless mouth at that!!

Anytime Spineless - ANYTIME!!!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Did you mean "all I am is a mouth"?? Did you graduate middle school, or don't you have a perspective on the english language?? :D

Your just upset because you were trying to save $40 bucks and have some unsuspecting good guy loan you his trailer for free. The problem is that the trailer would never return in the exact condition it went out in and the good guy would get porked. Have a nice life!!

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
spine60 said:
Did you mean "all I am is a mouth"?? Did you graduate middle school, or don't you have a perspective on the english language?? :D

Your just upset because you were trying to save $40 bucks and have some unsuspecting good guy loan you his trailer for free. The problem is that the trailer would never return in the exact condition it went out in and the good guy would get porked. Have a nice life!!

Nope, pretty much meant Exactly what I wrote. You're just a mouth - A GREAT BIG FRIGGIN BLOWHOLE in other words. Clear enough for ya??

As for the English language, why not read your own botched writings!! I think they speak for you proudly. :oops:

Lastly, trying to save $40 when I'm offering $100., man you're f_cked up!! :eek:

Butt out jerkoff, and go play with yourself some more. :lol: :lol:

Sorry to anyone else who reads this, but this little dork just aggravates me. :roll:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts