GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for recommendation for a company that will ship a goldwing across the USA. Need good reliable transport company.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I recently used Incognito Express to ship a trike from N.J. to the People's Republik Of Caulifornea.

I had originally tried with HaulBikes but got fed-up with their pushing the ship dates out weeks past what they verbally promised (but their contract fine print allowes them to do) that I just paid their "do nothing" $100 cancellation fee and went with I. E.

They were recommended to me by Hannigan Trikes, as their shipper of choice.
Although they were a bit more (by about $150) they were absolutely perfect, and included some astronomical insurance ........ like $500K ......... if my 'wife's' memory is correct. ;)
They got my trike to me within 1 week of placing my first call to them.

In any case .... be sure to read the fine print with any company you go with .... especially the cancellation fee, in case (read: 'when') they don't ship within the time they verbally say they will, and understand exactly what their insurance covers and it's price.
Doing a google search for "[shipping company name] issues" may also reveal some interesting information.

Good luck!!

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Shipping Masters Elizabethtown Ky - 270-737-5797.

Paid $590 for my daughter's Sportster - Phoenix -> Orlando - made it here in 5 days, not a scratch on it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
If you find the price to be out of this world let me know and I will personally deliver it to you.

You beat me to it. I bought mine from a guy in San Francisco and rode it home, Calhoun Ga. One of the best rides of my life.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I used uship (ebay for shipping) when I shipped a bike a few years back. I thought it was a great service and was very happy with my shipper's price/service which was in line with the reviews.

·
Registered
7,039 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I have often thought about putting an ad in the classifieds here that offers my service as a cycle courier. Delivered to one's doorstep. Off to the airport I go back home to do it all over again.

·
Banned
291 Posts
Same as what JefferyJ said, but they also go by the name of Keyboard Carriage, same location & phone number. I used them in January from Ft. Lauderdale to N. Texas and they were one of the least expensive ($550), on time and arrived in perfect condition. They have a unique palletizing setup that's easy on the scooter (no forklifts ever touch it).

Doug

·
Registered
507 Posts
UShip.com is awesome. You get to see reviews of companies. I used them to haul my bike trailer.

·
Registered
927 Posts
UShip.com is awesome. You get to see reviews of companies. I used them to haul my bike trailer.
When I had to ship a BMW cross country, I went to the dealer. For a price I thought reasonable, he shipped it to another dealer. All I had to do was drop the bike off, and pick it up. I don't even know who the shipping company was, but the dealer used them routinely. It went without a hitch.

·
Registered
215 Posts
InterCityLines

I've used them 6 times and have NEVER had a problem. Hope I didn't just jinx myself.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts