GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys

OK now. I have bought me a trailer, ordered me a hitch, and now I need some wiring to hook up to the trailer. The trailer (Holsclaw) uses the flat-4 connector. I know that some of you use that as well as was wondering where to buy a "plug and play" connection from to make this all work? I am not 100% against splicing into the existing wiring, but would rather not if I can help it.

As always, all help and advice is appreciated.

·
Banned
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nobody? :shrug:

·
Registered
507 Posts
You will need a trailer wiring isolater and a 5 wire to 4 wire converter depending on how the trailer is wired.. Lewis at Electrical Connections can fix you up. Give him a call. Look up electricalconnection dot com.

·
Banned
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I saw that a few days ago, but there was nothing there about a plug and play for the flat 4 connector. That is what I am looking for and so far no luck. I may have to get creative on my own here and see what I can figure out. Sure would just rather plug it in and go I can tell you that.

And Cowboy you posted before I could reply to Section198. I will give Lewis a call tomorrow and see if he can help me. Thanks to both of you for your help.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I saw that a few days ago, but there was nothing there about a plug and play for the flat 4 connector. That is what I am looking for and so far no luck. I may have to get creative on my own here and see what I can figure out. Sure would just rather plug it in and go I can tell you that.

And Cowboy you posted before I could reply to Section198. I will give Lewis a call tomorrow and see if he can help me. Thanks to both of you for your help.
You are welcome. I converted my PiggyBacker to a five wire system, so all i needed was the isolater. You have to solder the 4 or 5 pin plug to both ends. ( Bike and trailer). Don't go by the color of the wires. Us a test light and the trailer to figure out the wiring.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts