GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Read Only
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy a good used car tire from someone close by to be used for a trial. If you have one that you plan to replace soon, or just want to try a different tire, then I would be interested in your old still usable tire. The reason is that I have an extra rim, and would like a used car tire to see if this is the route I want to take for my next tire. This way I don't blow full price on a tire I may not like.

Stan

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I have an old Dunlop 3000 mounted on a rim that I have not changed yet. I have a new one ready to mount. When I mount one I order a new one. It has 10,500 miles on it and needed to be replaced. Don't know how long you are wanting it but if just a day you can bring the bike down here we can put it on or I can go ahead and take it off my rim bring your rim and we will mount it and you can have the tire. Make it easy on yourself.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I have a 205/55-16 assurance triple tred at the shop....It will run for a little while. You are welcome to it. I took it off my friends GL1800....

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Stan, I have a Hankook that still should be good for 1-2 thousand miles sitting bu the back door if you want it!

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
I can mount it on your rim for you, I just can't balance it! I use Centramatics.:thumbup:

·
Read Only
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rocketman, since you're just a skip and hop away, I'll take you up on that offer. Just let me know when it's good for you time wise. I can balance it, and I might could even mount it. But, I have never unpacked the HF MC tire changer, let alone used it.

Stan

·
Read Only
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bloodbought and towmotor, I appreciate the generous offer, but since Rocketman is just a short run from me, I'm gonna take him up on his offer. If it does not work out, then I'll get back in touch with one of you. I'm only 40 miles from you,bloodbought, and you're in an area we travel through several times a year.
Stan

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Just let me know if it don't work out with Rocketman. I have a business and do mount and balance tires on motrcycles and sell/install auto tires as well. Stop in to see me when you ride through. It's Kelley's Small Engines on Hwy 43 2 miles on the left after you cross the state line heading north.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Any time this week is fine with me Stan!:thumbup:

·
Read Only
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just let me know if it don't work out with Rocketman. I have a business and do mount and balance tires on motrcycles and sell/install auto tires as well. Stop in to see me when you ride through. It's Kelley's Small Engines on Hwy 43 2 miles on the left after you cross the state line heading north.
Will do. I think I already know where your shop is located.
Stan

1 - 12 of 12 Posts