GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at a closed in trailer to pull my bike due to my health, I don't make that many trip's a year...but the open trialer I'm looking at is the same as the closed end trailer..so what kind of trailer do you use to pull your bike.......???? I have a open open one now that I used when I was a two wheeler, but now I'm three....

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
shhhh, it's still a conspiracy. They're out to get ya!

·
Registered
643 Posts
If I have to haul my bike I have an open trailer, I also use it to haul our riding lawn mower and 4 wheeler when needed. I don't have to use it to often. I can't justify an enclosed trailer for the amount of use it would get.
If your not going to use the trailer to often and your 3 wheeler will fit on the open trailer you have now us it and save the money. On the other hand the enclosed trailer will keep your bike cleaner and more secure on the trips you will take..

I guess it all boils down to what you want and can afford......good luck with your choice and trips.:thumbup:

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
aluma makes a very nice open trailer, its a two normal bike hauler

thomas bus, one of our sponsors has them in stock, quite reasonable

its much easier on your tow rig to have an open one

closed trailers cost big time

if you have a big pick up, i like the function of the rig that takes the trike on a flat platform , and wicjes up ontop of the truck in a minute

couldnt be any easier

·
Registered
290 Posts
Emmitt,

I used a 6x12 open trailer to haul my trike to Gulf shores for your ride in this year I pulled it 70 to 75 MPH most of the time had no trouble what so ever other than the low tire in Bay Minette which I got fixed at Wal Mart for 2 dollars. An enclosed behind you Dakota might be a pretty good load but you might also check at renting one if you don't use them very often. Most rental places might have one or could maybe steer you in the right direction.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Trailer

I like my Aluma MC-10, pulls great!! They make one just a little wider for trikes.

·
Registered
642 Posts
If storage space is an issue, you might consider a Kendon stand-up trailer. It folds and stands up in the garage when you're not using it. Mine is in front of my pickup in the garage, which is much better than taking up the space that a regular trailer needs. It is more expensive up front but it was worth it to me NOT to have a trailer constantly in the way or covered up with a tarp in the yard or driveway.

Take a look here: http://www.kendonusa.com/

Mine is the two-rail version. You can remove the rails and the holes are already drilled to put a rail in the center (I think) so you could move one to the center position. This might work very well for you.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
looked at one..they wanted $2800. and a inclosed $2700...??
I like my Aluma MC-10, pulls great!! They make one just a little wider for trikes.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Emmit, here's what I use. It's an Aluma trike model TK10 I think, and I paid about $2,450 new. I feel that you may get a good used one for much less.
The trailer itself tows like a dream, and the ramp slides under the floor.

I looked around before buying, I am very satisfied with the trailer.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

Harry.

·
Registered
748 Posts
I paid as much for an open Triton as I could have gotten a cheaper enclosed trailer....but I really like the enclosed set up.

I know the advantages of the closed trailer...but I like my Triton.

·
Registered
10,849 Posts
I'm looking at a closed in trailer to pull my bike due to my health, I don't make that many trip's a year...but the open trialer I'm looking at is the same as the closed end trailer..so what kind of trailer do you use to pull your bike.......???? I have a open open one now that I used when I was a two wheeler, but now I'm three....
Motorcycles are built to handle rain. I don't understand the allure of heavier, more expensive enclosed trailers to haul them.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Motorcycles are built to handle rain. I don't understand the allure of heavier, more expensive enclosed trailers to haul them.
Correct on the rain comment... What they are not built for is to carry two dogs a cat a spouse and assorted sundries cross country when you want to visit family for an extended period.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks everybody..I put off the trailer for six months.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts