GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a used Motorvation trailer made in Iowa. I have never seen one before, so any info or opinions well be a help. THANKS,Bob

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'm not sure if this will help or not. I have no personal knowledge of the company but I did find this link on Google search.

http://www.motorvation.com/

located in Sibley, Iowa

Sorry, got interrupted and was to slow!!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
I can't give you any up to date information, but I bought one new in California in 1983 for $350.00. It was my understanding that it was one of the first and I bought it new. Mine had no springs whatsoever and had a hitch similiar to the Bushtec. I pulled mine with an 81 Wing more than 50,000 miles and the only problem I had during that time was the wheel bearings had to be replaced once. Mine looked like the base model and I wish I still had it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the website. 50,000 miles on a trailer with on springs, what did that ride like?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Great little trailer

I brought one last year for 250 bucks and it's a great little trailer.
It preforms really good behind the bike. I never knew what type until I saw the link TODAY.

·
Registered
77 Posts
To be honest, even with no springs and around 20 lbs in the tires, I never knew it was behind me. The only time you did was going slow and hitting a pothole or lip in a driveway. I always had to have something in it to hold it down I don't think it weighed 100 lbs. It was narrow enough to take into your motel room and you didn't have to unpack it, just open the lid like a suit case.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I have the: 20 Cu. Ft. Back Pack Basic (with torsion axle suspension)
I love it.
Dont know it is there when towing and it holds a lot of "stuff".
BikeAndTrailer.jpg

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SSGTOFMARINES--I'm glad you know who built you trailer, but why can't I
find a trailer for that price?

RSFX2--Great story, I guess those days are gone.

R.K.MA.3GEORGE--THATS A GREAT LOOKING RIG!

I contacted the Motorvation company and it turns out I'm about 120 miles from there so I might run over and see them.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I purchased from an estate sale 3 yrs ago a Wingliner 20 cu ft model that was mfg'd some 20 yrs ago (per Motorvation)but never assembled. We have pulled it about 8,000 miles and no complaints. Never know it is there.

Motorvation are great people to work with.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bearhunter, I talked to the motorvation people the other day, real nice to talk to, and not real expensive. THANKS,Bob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts