GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning Folks: I plan on buying a 2002 GW w/125k miles. It's in great shape cosmetically but I want a factory trained Honda mechanic to look at it. Does anyone know a good dealer near Loveland? Thanks much, this is time sensitive.
Steve

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Steve I've never known of any Factory Trained Honda MC Techs in Colorado.

There may be one or two somewhere and it will be interesting to find out who they are and where they work. Perhaps Fay Myers South of Denver ??

I do know of a few "Tech's" that have attended the various Honda MC intro short courses for the new models etc over the years but those are NOT full featured training courses and don't produce Certified Tech's.

The various Dealers I know are not willing to spend the $$$ to send their Tech's to the complete Honda Courses and the Tech's can't afford them in most cases.

So if you do get a lead on Honda Certified Tech's let us all know who they are.

PS You might also try Sun Honda in the North area. They do more GL business than anyone in the state that I know of. Even if thier Tech's aren't Honda Certified between them and Fay Myers they should have the most experianced Tech's in Northern Metro CO.
Some times OJT can provide proper skills if the people involved have the proper attitude to learn and are willing to dig in. JMHO

1 - 3 of 3 Posts